Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lil-mama08 Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 02:53 AM
    One month ols baby and his sleeping
    Can I just let my one month old sleep during the night without waking him up for feeding?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2009, 04:57 AM

How long is he sleeping at a stretch? How often is he feeding during the day? Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? The answers to those questions can be a factor.

Generally, if he is putting his weight on well, getting a good number of feedings in during the day, his output with wet and soiled diapers is good, and he is a content baby when awake, let him sleep.
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Apr 19, 2009, 04:36 PM

Totally agree with Doula. My son started sleeping through the night (10pm-6am) at three weeks old. My doc said it was fine, but he was formula fed which can hold them over longer than breastmilk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can anyone identify this painting of a Sleeping Baby? [ 2 Answers ]

I visited The Louvre in July 1983, and saw the attached picture. I managed to get this photograph taken of it. It has intrigued me since then. I have done Google searches of 'sleeping baby-wrapped in crimson-in the woods' and various permutations of the same wording, but have come up with...

My 20 week baby not sleeping. [ 5 Answers ]

For the last two weeks my baby only sleep for 1 or 2 hours at night then wakes up for a feed. So basically is waking up 6 times each night. I am currently breastfeeding and really want to continue this for another six weeks at least. She only has one nap through the day for about 45 minutes. She is...

Will me sleeping too much make my unborn baby hungry? [ 1 Answers ]

So since I've been pregnant, I sleep a whoooole lot. I was concerned though, that since I don't eat during those hours, will it starve my baby? (considering when I'm awake I eat like every hour)

Best Friend Stabs me in the back, Sleeping with my first love w/in a month of breakup [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, So I am new here. Basically, I need help. My ex-boyfriend and I finally cut the cord back in Jan. So, he and I had this big fight (we decided to stay friends after the break-up) and he wanted nothing to do with me because he felt like I wasn't talking to him and all. Well, that lasted for about...

View more questions Search