Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beagle09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2008, 04:37 PM
    Beagle might be pregnant
    3 year old beagle is big stomach, big nipples,bleeding ,staying in one spot,and grunting a little bit could she be pregnant
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 26, 2008, 08:20 PM

Yes, and it sounds like she's giving birth.
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

Dec 27, 2008, 08:02 AM

I assume she is not spayed? How old is she? If she has been outside unattended at all during her heat cycle: poss pregnant, false pregnancy, or, very dangerous, has developed a pyometra-uterus fills with pus and she needs emergency surgery immediately. Gestaion for dogs is approximately 62 days. It's time to spay her at 3 years. The dangers increase with each heat cycle-pyometra as listed above, uterine/ovarian cancer, etc. A routine spay is MUCH cheaper than emergency surgery, and less life threatening!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How can I tell if my beagle is pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

How do I tell if my beagle is pregnant

My Beagle is pregnant and sick [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Beagle she is due to have pups any day. For some reason she is having white discharge and I'm worried. She has had pups before and never had this problem could some please help me and let me know what it could be.. thank you

I think my beagle is pregnant and I'm not sure what to do [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a one year old beagle and she was in heat when I got her. I have every inention of getting her "fixed". The problem is I think she may have gotten pregnant. I didn't inform myself enough about how secluded she needed to be during heat. My question is she stopped bleading on the 15th of...

Beagle might be pregnant [ 4 Answers ]

Yes I have a female Beagle I believe she is 8 months old.. I am wondering if she could be pregnant how I could check? And how long a Beagle is Pregnant? If you can help I would appriciate it.. Thanks, Ricque

My Beagle is pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

My 18 month beagle is pregnant & I think is ready to have her pups but seems to be having some difficulty... How long should her first labor period be & how do I determine if the pups are possibly breeched, or what should I do? Thanks Andy

View more questions Search