Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morfias3042 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Oct 26, 2008, 06:48 PM
    My cats are aggressive to the other cats.
    I have 5 cats, but 2 of them (both girls) are very aggressive towards the others. I'm a bit worried because they keep beating up on my kitten... So far she's got a torn ear, a chunk out of her leg, several scratches, and very uneven fur. I locked them into my room to avoid trouble, but is there an easier way? :( Anything would be helpful. (btw, I've tried both of them on calm medicine, with no results.)
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2008, 08:23 AM

I don't know exactly what to recommend to you for the behavioral problems, but please keep that kitten completely away from them! What you described is an awful lot of very serious abuse from the larger cats. I wish that she hadn't been exposed long enough to get one injury that bad, much less several.

I don't know where you live, but you might want to call warren eckstein's radio show for free advice. It's called The Pet Show. If you do decide to call, make sure you call early. I know the lines get a lot of calls.

Warren Eckstein - The Pet Show - www.worradionet.com - America's Most Trusted Pet Expert and Pet Humorist

• National Show: USA & Canada

Saturdays 4-6pm EDT Web Broadcast
    Call in: 800-321-8828 Syndicated from WOR 710am New York

• Southern California Show

Saturdays 11-1pm PDT Live Web Broadcast
    Call in: 877-243-7776
    Los Angeles KRLA 870am
    San Bernardino and Riverside KTIE 590am
    morfias3042 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Oct 27, 2008, 03:25 PM

I wish I'D known sooner! I had seen rough fur and just thought that it was a play thing gone a little off, but when I picked her up I saw all of the damage. I got bitten while 2 of them were in a tussle! It's gone too extreme, so yes, I'll try that.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2008, 04:05 PM

It might be worth a shot. I've never tried calling, but I listen to his radio show through iTunes podcasts. I won't tell you that I agree with every single thing he says, but it can't hurt to have an extra free resource. Like I said, if you do decide to call, I would call extra early.

I know that he has a book called how to get your cat to do what you want, which you might want to take a look at. I read the dog version. Although I think there are better dog books out there, he has some interesting approaches that I didn't find in other books. In any case, a book might be a good idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cats will not get along [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I could really do with some tips if anyone could help at all; I have a beautiful black and white male cat SLY who we had from the age of 6 months old along with his twin sister SUKIE, he all always been very loving and gentle and I suppose I am very guilty of spoiling him as he always wants my...

9 cats [ 1 Answers ]

I have 9! 4 are about 3 months old. I just dosed them (8) of with Advantage... How long until they can play outside?? And, do I have to bomb my house? Thanks. Brr meow meow

My new female cats hates all my male cats! [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new female cat but she is like a year old, all my male cats like her and want to see her buy she just starts hissing at them and they get away... I want them to get along but I don't know how... I have 4 males one is a year old , the othere one is 5 months and the other 2 are 2...

Cats [ 2 Answers ]

I will be bringing home a six week old boxer puppy soon and I already have a 1yr old cat. He is very active and aggressive how can I integrate them with out him hurting the puppy?:o

Cats Eye [ 8 Answers ]

This morning my cat was lying in bed with me. I put her out while my husband was taking a shower because she has a fascination with water she actually loves it... After he was done with his shower he went into the living room to leave for work and my kitten came back in the bedroom with me. I...

View more questions Search