Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 07:11 AM
    9yr old potty trained male now urinates
    Hello - I need help! My 9 yr old male Miniature Pincher has been potty trained for the full 9yrs. He has never urinated in my house until now. He has been neutered for 8 yrs. We recently had to dog sit for a relative, the dog was also 9yrs old, potty trained and neutered and he stayed with us for 1 week. Once that dog left, my male started peeing on everything!! The fridge, garbage can, bed, hamper, bathroom tub, you name it, he peed on it. We have cleaned our house top to bottom w/bleach and natures miracle items and he continues to pee. He doesn't do it in our presence. If we leave the kitchen open or bathroom door open, he will go and pee in there if we are not paying attention. I took him to the vet and he was fine, no bladder infection or anything the vet could see. This has now been going on for about 6 months. We are about to move in to our first house and I am terrified he will start peeing all over the new home. What is going on here? Please help!
    MiK=meek Posts: 16, Reputation: -3
    -

Jul 6, 2008, 08:39 AM
    He probably notice the other dog and that the other dog was roaming free so he decide to mark his territory so next time he won't have to worry
    AlwaysWriting Posts: 131, Reputation: 6

Jul 6, 2008, 08:39 AM
    It sounds like he's re-marking his territory. You might want to invest in a crate and re-train him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Potty training [ 2 Answers ]

OK here's one for the experienced moms in here. My son turned 3 in August and he is still not potty trained. I think I am at my wits end. He does go when he's at school with the other children. He never has accidents there but at home its like a train wreck. I have tried punishment I have tried...

Potty training an adult male daschund [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1 year old male mini doxie. We have had him since he was 7 weeks old. We worked with him on potty training when we first got him. He did not do so well during the winter, preferring to stay on the deck and hold it until he came inside and then go. When the weather changed, he seems to...

Potty training [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a three year old male dauschund who is still not potty trained. At one year old he was trained and than we adopted two more dauschunds. It seemed to be not to long after that he began to have more and more accidents. He knows how to go to the bathroom outside, but seems...

Potty training [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a year old mini dacshund and he is not potty trained, he refuses to do his poopies outside. We do have him in a crate and he goes for a long period with not accidents in there and we take him right outside and he won't go. We have disciplined him for this much, even put him back in...

Potty Training [ 2 Answers ]

My female miniature daschund has been with me for 1 month. My mom think scolding her and spanking her is how you train a dog. Whenever she comes in the house she eventually pees or poops if we don't get her outside imeditly. She is always desperate to find a way inside the house or she begs at the...

View more questions Search