Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dana129 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 12:09 PM
    My cat snore as sleeps a lot
    So my cat snores a ton. When we were last at the vet I asked him and he said that it is not uncommon, that she has a small nose and not to worry about it. So I don't. However my quesiton is 2 fold: one anyway to make her stop snoring.. she keeps me up at night, as she sleeps rigth next to me, and having her sleep in another room is not an option, as she will bang her head on the door until I let her in a night. And 2: that past two nights she slept straight through 9+ hours in bed with me. I lay down to watch TV at 9 and she was there when I got up at 7. Usually she leaves around 4am and starts to play... is this just a sign of old age, or could she not be feeling well? She has a healthy appetite, and other the sleeping more is acting normal. I don't like to bring her to the vet for every little thing, but when she ate a house plant I brought her cause it was poisonus and it cost me over a thousand$$. But that was over 9 months ago. Now we have no house plants and a fake christmas tree. She is 8 year old. So not to old... any ideas or am I just a paranoid kitty mommy?
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Dec 4, 2007, 12:17 PM
    I don't think there is a way to get her to stop snoring, but the sleeping thing is common for aging cats... but then again I'm not a vet. Do you know she actually slept for 9 hours? Cause she may have gooten up for a bit then went to sleep again without waking u up.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 12:21 PM
    My cats sleep so much sometimes I go ove and check their breathing to make sure they are alive. Esp the 13 year old and the4 year old. I'm told they can sleep up to 20 hours in a day. None of my cats snore, nor do I know of any that do. However I have a dog that snores and he is as healthy as a horse.

Dec 4, 2007, 12:22 PM
    I usually feel when she gets up. Plus if she wants out of the room, she needs me to open the door, so I usually get the face lick, which means "get up I want out...." I try to nudge her when she snores and sometimes she stops, but not normally.. wasn't sure if a humidifier would work or something that I had not thought of.

Thanks for helping!
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 12:25 PM
    No harm in trying a humidifier, just don't add any vicks or anything like that.
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Dec 4, 2007, 02:15 PM
    I have two ferrets and one of them snores. Sometimes pretty loud. It doesn't worry me. I think your cat will be fine.

Dec 4, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Thanks everyone!
    Happy holidays!
    pletchera Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 07:20 PM
    a option would be to get a baby gate and lock her so she can't get out.there really is no way to stop snoring it's a natural thing. Another way would be to put a human pill in your cats food to spot snoring we do it with are dog when it is sick all the time =)
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Dec 4, 2007, 08:04 PM
    Both of my cats snore and cats an sleep up to 20 hrs a day. My girl cat will sleep 7 hrs straight if I don't disturb her.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 08:23 PM
    If it's getting cold where you live, can you blame the cat for wanting to stay snuggled up next to her favorite person as long as possible? It's warm and comfy. My two are hard for me to move enough to get up in the morning!
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2007, 01:30 AM
    Cats sleep up to 20 hours a day. Her snoring, although maybe annoying, is not a problem for her really unless she is struggling really hard to breathe and there's not much you can do to fix it. Try keeping her in another room while you sleep.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

12 year old daughter sleeps with Dad [ 110 Answers ]

my 12 year old step-daughter won't sleep in her own room. I don't sleep in the same room as my husband due to his snoring. She's 5'8, a B cup bra, wears tight boy shorts and a v neck tight string tank to bed spraying body spray all over before going to sleep. My four year old son sleeps in the...

Old dog poops and pees a lot a lot a lot [ 4 Answers ]

I just rescued a very old dalmatian from my neighbors she has tumors all over Her body and she is very thin . I started her on good food. I feed her a cup in a half a day And water is always available. She poops so much 5 times a day? I keep my dogs in the sun room at night when we get up there...

My Dog is shaking while she sleeps and I'm worried. [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Springer Spaniel called Jenny. She is as lively as ever and is now 11.5 yrs old. She sleeps on my bed which is how I have just noticed 4 nights ago she is shaking non stop and it seems to coincide with her breathing out. Also her behaviour is strange. The first night I noticed it early...

My dog sleeps and no eat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 7 month old male daschund puppy and all day he just sleeps, and he has not been eating lately I am worried about him and wheher or not he is still heralthy, he is out side from about 7 am till about 11 am when my mom wakes up until I wake up and bring him in, he sleeps in my room and then...

View more questions Search