Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phillipedwards15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 03:17 PM
    My Dog is shaking while she sleeps and I'm worried.
    I have an Springer Spaniel called Jenny. She is as lively as ever and is now 11.5 yrs old. She sleeps on my bed which is how I have just noticed 4 nights ago she is shaking non stop and it seems to coincide with her breathing out. Also her behaviour is strange. The first night I noticed it early morning around 5am, I let her outside thinking she made be desperate for the toilet. SHe went straight away but then didn't want to come back in, she escaped from her hutch part and sat in the middle of my garden staring at me and would not move not even for a ball. And for those of you with spaniels u'll know how amazing that is. Apart from that she is eating and drinking normally and is still wagging her tail 1,000,000 mph, maybe a little more effectionate than normal. I really can't afford the vet but obviously will if needs be. I'm so worried about her and any ideas as to what is wrong would be great.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2007, 03:46 PM
    I am afraid it is the vet. Even if somebody here correctly guessed the problem, it likely would require medicine from the vet.
    ncrpara Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipedwards15
    I have an Springer Spaniel called Jenny. She is as lively as ever and is now 11.5 yrs old. She sleeps on my bed which is how i have just noticed 4 nights ago she is shaking non stop and it seems to coincide with her breathing out. Also her behaviour is strange. The first night i noticed it early morning around 5am, i let her outside thinking she made be desperate for the toilet. SHe went straight away but then didn't want to come back in, she escaped from her hutch part and sat in the middle of my garden staring at me and would not move not even for a ball. And for those of u with spaniels u'll know how amazing that is. Apart from that she is eating and drinking normally and is still wagging her tail 1,000,000 mph, maybe a little more effectionate than normal. I really can't afford the vet but obviously will if needs be. I'm so worried about her and any ideas as to what is wrong would be great.
    Hello, it sure does sound like a seizure to me. You should see a vet, explain what happens and how often. The vet will probably put your dog on phenobarbital. It is VERY inexpensive. I have to give my beagle phenobarbital because he also has seizures.

Best wishes,
    Nan

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

12 year old daughter sleeps with Dad [ 110 Answers ]

my 12 year old step-daughter won't sleep in her own room. I don't sleep in the same room as my husband due to his snoring. She's 5'8, a B cup bra, wears tight boy shorts and a v neck tight string tank to bed spraying body spray all over before going to sleep. My four year old son sleeps in the...

Buying adult dog which sleeps on a bed [ 3 Answers ]

We recently came across a 1yr old female Shih Tzu which we really like, the only problem is it sleeps on the owners bed, if we bought it we would want it to sleep downstairs in the kitchen, how do we do this without letting the dog sleep in our bed for the first few nights?

My dog sleeps and no eat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 7 month old male daschund puppy and all day he just sleeps, and he has not been eating lately I am worried about him and wheher or not he is still heralthy, he is out side from about 7 am till about 11 am when my mom wakes up until I wake up and bring him in, he sleeps in my room and then...

Worried about my dog [ 3 Answers ]

We have had our little dog for about a year and both my boyfriend and I spoil him and love him like our child, well recently my boyfriend and I got into a huge fight that lasted 5 or 6 hours, verbal and physical. Ever since that day, my dog seems phycologicly damaged, very insecure, shakes all the...

Dog shaking head [ 4 Answers ]

My dog is constantly shaking her head and flopping her ears from side to side. There is no visible infection in them or anything else that I can see. What could it be?

View more questions Search