Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mandie1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 08:12 PM
    Why Is My Puppy Coughing?
    I have a 12 month old puppy. He looks like a mix. When ever he's happy he coughs like he's about to die. It sometimes happens when were playing and when I get home. What do I do! Help!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 14, 2007, 08:24 PM
    Please take him to a vet!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2007, 08:38 PM
    Do you have him on heart worm medicine? If not, he may cough until he dies some day. Actually it does little good for me to speculate on what it could be. Even if I am right and it is heartworm, you must have a vet treat him. Fortunately we lose fewer dogs to the newer heartworm treatments. So see the vet and soon. His next coughing spell could be his last.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Cat coughing blood [ 15 Answers ]

My cat that I dearly LOVE coughed up blood last night twice. She was very nathargic, wouldn't move and appeared to be dying. I wrapped her in a sheet and laid her beside me on the bed expecting her to be deceased this morning. About 1:30 am she starting moving a little bit. This morning she did...

3 Cats that are sneezing, coughing [ 6 Answers ]

I have 3 cats that are coughing( like they have a hairball), sneezing and 1 has some green mucus when he sneezed recently that I don't know what to do with. My One male cat has gone through it and he is getting better, no more sneezing & coughing but the other 2 are still couching and sneezing and...

Coughing while pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I'm new to this site, and have a very important question... I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant and am coughing due to a cold.. Can I take cough drops? Confused

Persistent coughing [ 1 Answers ]

I picked up an infection at the beginning of April this year that seemed to go straight to my chest. It gave me an awful, persistent cough which always left me struggling for breath and trying desperately to suck back some air into my lungs (even while the coughing fits, which sometimes lasted for...

View more questions Search