Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Jun 8, 2009, 02:14 PM
    Hdtv purchase
    Is there an impartial website that offers comparisons and recommendations on hdtv's? I think that the consumer reports website requires a subscription, which I don't want to pay for just one thing.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 8, 2009, 02:16 PM
    Well hey why not use us.
    I'm sure there'll be a lot of different reviews and advise offered.

Just let us know what you are considering.
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Jun 8, 2009, 11:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Well hey why not use us.
    I'm sure there'll be alot of different reviews and advise offered.

Just let us know what you are considering.
    Well I'm looking for a 30-ish inch. It will be hooked up to satellite, so programming not a problem. Mostly looking for durability/cost factor, and I really don't know what they have on them. Are speakers included? I want to wall mount it, how hard is that?
    I was going to get a Zenith, since I have had them since 1981 with no problem but they aren't around anymore. I have two of them in my house now, and want to give one to my step daughter that just moved. So I am going to get another TV. Any ideas?
    EntertainmentCO Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Jul 2, 2009, 08:37 PM
    Hello, I have mayny years of experience in TV's, I would highly recommend cnet.com. As far as the TV that is right for you I would say a Samsung 32" LCD. In a 32" it is not necisarry to get a 1080p HDTV, you could just get a 720p set with a contrast ratio 10,000 or better, get a TV with at least 3 HDMI ports and enough inputs to connect some older devices as well. Samsung or Sony is the best bet, and check prices online such as amazon.com and bring that price into Best Buy and ask what can they do to come close to match that price. Any questions let me know. Hope that helps
    Rulman Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2009, 12:59 PM
    I know Samsung and Sony are probably 2 of the best HDTV's out there. I also know they have a pretty heavy price tag on them.
    There's a sleeping giant out there called Samsung that is a very high quality HDTV and is priced very reasonable.
    I bought a Samsung 42" HDTV with a very high contrast ratio ---- 1080p --- 4 HD connections and lots of other bells and whistles for 1K & change and have been in awe with the picture quality and other features ever since . If you want to save some bucks you might consider that brand.
    BTW "Tiger Direct" where I bought mine on the internet is a very reputable company and I was very pleased with their service.
    Rulman Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 22, 2009, 01:01 PM
    I am sorry for the slip. When I said sleeping giant I meant to say Toshiba .
    OOOOOps !
    Raymonator58 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 01:56 PM

Well you probably have purchased a new HDTV by now, but have you considered a Panasonic Vierra ? I purchased a 50" HDTV last fall, which is a Panasonic Plasma part # PZTH50-80u, which is full 1080p with 480hz and I couldn't be happier with the quality as well as the performance of this HDTV flat screen.
    They've really come down by now, and if you like action packed movies or watch a lot of action sports, plasma beats LCD, as long as you don't have large windows that allow a lot of sunshine to come into the room where the TV is during the day.
    We have ours in the playroom in our basement, and matched up with a decent surround sound, it makes you feel you're in a movie theater.
    Sony Bravia would be my second choice if choosing an LCD screen for a bright room.
    Toshiba are making some very nice HDTV's as well, and their prices are coming down as well.
    LG bought out Zennith, but I've read that there longevity isn't very good, and some have had a very short life span (less than 2 years)
    Samsung are doing well, and coming out with some very nice HDTV's in Plasma as well as LCD.
    Go to CNET.COM and read the reviews from various people who have purchased whatever brand, and make your choice that way. It's what I did, and I have absolutely no regrets about our Panasonic at all!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting Entries for purchase & sales return and credit purchase & sales with examp [ 10 Answers ]

Accounting Entries for purchase & sales return and credit purchase & sales with examples

My hdtv [ 2 Answers ]

Can u fix the screen on my Samsung hdtv?

Which LCD HDTV is better? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi everyone I am planing on buying a Flat Screen LCD HDTV 37-40inch 1080p well compare both of these screen which one is the best. Sony KDL-37XBR6 37" BRAVIA XBRŽ LCD HDTV in LCD Televisions at JR.com Or Newegg.com - SAMSUNG ToC 40" 1080p...

How do you record HDTV using a VCR? [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased a Sony Bravia HDTV KDL-26M4000. I hooked my Panasonic PV-8451 VCR up successfully to my TV. Tape playback was fine. I did notice that my TV's video from basic cable, became somewhat degraded. Also my analog stations went in and out. When I recorded a program, the video appeared...

HDTV and Receiver set up [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - I really need some help setting this up. I have a Denon 1906 which does not have an HDMI input or out put. I have a Sony PS3 w/ HDMI, and LG 1080P LCD 42"with 3 HDMI ports, and a comcast HD DVR w/ HDMI. I'm thinking I need to run my PS3 (HDMI) and my Comcast DVR DVD (HDMI) to my TV, and...

View more questions Search