Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jenjen09 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 01:05 AM
    Black Mould in Bathroom ( One Wall)
    I live in a brand new house and I noticed in the bathroom which is on the top floor wall discoloured ( off white) and small black spots. There is nothing on top of the bathroom exceot the roof. How can I remove these black molds? Is it a serious issue?:confused:
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Apr 30, 2009, 01:15 AM

Well, I found this: Safe Shield Mold Cleaning Product, I don't know if it works, but since it is organic, it will be healthier for you to use. Also, get a mask, becaause you don't want to ingest any loose spores.
    arby808 Posts: 110, Reputation: 4

Apr 30, 2009, 01:20 PM

You could try clorox clean up or bleach mixed with water bleach is in clorox clean up and the bleach will kill mold
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 01:26 PM

Yes, it can be potentially very dangerous.
    Simply cleaning it is not getting to the root of the problem,you need to find the source and have it corrected.
    Molds - The Hidden Danger
    JazMan Posts: 219, Reputation: 14

Apr 30, 2009, 02:55 PM
    Read the article and be careful.

I suggest you use Concrobium on that mold. Concrobium Mold CT - 025326 at The Home Depot I've never used it, but the "Handyman" on the radio swears by it, plus it's available even at the HD. I believe it's comes from Canada?:D

Jaz
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 30, 2009, 03:48 PM

Before you start treating for mold you should try to insure that it is mold to start with. Put a drop of household bleach on one spot and then come back and tell us exactly what you see. If it does turn out to be mold we should discuss improving ventilation and insulation as well as cleaning mthods.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom Wall Tile - HELP! [ 6 Answers ]

Uh oh! My first attempt at putting tile on a bathroom wall and I may have a problem. Here is the story. I installed Hardibacker board around the tub and green board in the rest of the bath. I taped the seams and used joint compound, then sanded (several times). It looked so good that I taped...

How do I Installing black pipe through wall studs [ 2 Answers ]

I am installing black pipe for a gas heater in my garage. At this point everything is roughed in, no installation on sheetrock. Because of the way it is build I would like to install black pipe across the back of the garage approximately 40 ft. How do I get 10 foot sections into the wall studs...

Scribbled on bathroom wall [ 1 Answers ]

Roses are redish, Violets are blueish, If it wasn't for Christmas, We'd all be Jewish.

Black, sugary erosion of concrete block wall [ 1 Answers ]

My house is concrete or cinder block (I don't know the difference) faced with brick and siding on a cement slab. It is all above ground and I have never had any water/moisture/leaking problems in the 29 years of its existence. We have never finished half of the lower level, but have used it for...

Installing Ceiling Fan Wall Remote with Red & Black Wires? [ 13 Answers ]

I am trying to install a Hampton Bay Wall Remote Control that transmits a signal to a receiver that I will install behind the Ceiling Fan assembly. Problem: Remote instructions state to connect the 2 Black wires from the wall switch to the new Remote switch. The wall switch has a Red and a...

View more questions Search