Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carl30 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2007, 11:03 AM
    Honda Accord 1992
    When I am driving sometimes the car seems to shift to a lower gear. I apply gas but it doesn't seem to do any thing, when I back off the gas it seems to pick up and go. This is an automatic transmission. Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Several things I would do, if I planned on keeping the car:

1. Change transmission fluid and filter.

2. Go over the electrical system--install new NGK spark plugs, rotor, Ignition Control Module, coil, and distributor cap.
    Carl30 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 07:38 AM
    1992 Honda Accord EX, when I am driving the car seems to lose power and the car slows down, when I ease off the gas and then accelerate it seems to pickup. I have changed the fuel filter,transmission,fuel pump and the gas cap. It seemed to get better but now it is back to doing the same thing. Please help! Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 Honda Accord [ 2 Answers ]

My Accord won't turn over when the weather is hot or when driving it for period, parking and returning a short time later. (i.e. running into the store for 3 min). I heard it might be my main relay? Never a problem during cold weather.

Honda Accord 1992 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I have a Honda Accord 1992 and its great except that it guzzles a lot of fuel. The average that it gives is around 6 kilometres per litre which I think is very less. Is this the normal average that this car gives or is there a serious problem with my car. Can any owner of the same vehicle...

1992 honda accord [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where the main relay is and also the igniter and the coil on this car

1992 honda accord [ 1 Answers ]

I drove this car 5 miles and then it died. Would not restart went back in 30 minutes and it did start but then died again. It will crank but will not start. Need some answers if anyone has any. We checked and found that there is power at the fuel pump. We already replaced the fuel filter as a cheap...

1992 Honda accord [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all hopefully I can get a lot of help from this... Where to start on my 1992 Honda I tried starting it one day and it started all right but kept starting and starting after I had already started the thing. Started smoking and I pulled the coil wire. The car started back by itself I guess...

View more questions Search