Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2012, 05:25 AM
    Vince Horton, try replacing the thermostat with an OEM product--it may have stuck close. It's also common for the passages in the radiator to become blocked by phosphate scale (minerals). This requires replacing the radiator. Also, make sure the radiator fan works properly--if not, check all under hood fuses, fan relay, and Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Switch.
    christopherb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2012, 09:54 AM
    I have a 2005 dodge ram and I am having overheating problems! It never gets to the boiling point but about half way between the middle red line and the hot line... We replaced the thermostat what else should we try? The mechanic told me that its either the censor or the radiator itself
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 15, 2012, 01:15 PM
    Replace the radiator, if you sense passages may be blocked at all. Refill with a 50/50 mixture of G-05 antifreeze and distilled water. Purge the system of all air.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Dodge Ram overheating [ 11 Answers ]

?? I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 that recently needed the water pump replaced. After replacement the truck kept overheating. I then took the liberty to replace the thermostat as well. I replaced the fan & clutch assembly as well. As far as hardware is concerned, that leaves only the radiator...

Overheating 04 Dodge Ram 1500 Slt [ 9 Answers ]

My Dodge Ram Starts Getting Hot When I Drive On The Highway. The Fluid Level Is Fine But After 15 Min Of Hway Driving The Temp Gauge Starts Going Past The Mid Mark, I Was Wondering If I Could Just Remove The Thermostat Would That Cause Any Further Problems, I Live In Florida So I Don't Have To...

Overheating Dodge Ram [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, I only drive this vehicle about every other weak. Last week I went out and started the truck and I let it warm up. When I got back in the truck I noticed the Temperature Gauge in the red. I opened the hood and nothing felt that hot the radiator hose was cold. I...

96 Dodge Ram Overheating [ 1 Answers ]

My brother has a 96 Dodge Ram that keeps overheating after going a few miles. He has replaced the thermastate, water pump, and clutch band. The radiator is only a year old. The water levels are fine. There is no blowed head. Why is this truck still running hot?

Dodge ram 1500 overheating [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 4x4 with not even 50,000 miles on it. Lately when I've been driving with my heat on, the heater will start blowing cold air then my temperature gauge says my truck is overheating. What is causing this? I haven't tried replacing anything yet. What should I start with?

View more questions Search