Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dkelso43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2007, 11:17 AM
    Radiator Fan Not Working
    I have a 93 Honda Accord Wagon EX. The upper radiator hose busted this weekend and I noticed that with the temp pegged the radiator fans never turned on. Not sure if the lack of radiator fluid would contribute to this problem or not. How would I test if the fans are okay? Do they work off a temperature switch? Is there some web site I can get a wiring diagram to trace this problem?
    sonicendeavor Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

May 22, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dkelso43
    I have a 93 Honda Accord Wagon EX. The upper radiator hose busted this weekend and I noticed that with the temp pegged the radiator fans never turned on. Not sure if the lack of radiator fluid would contribute to this problem or not. How would I test if the fans are okay? Do they work off of a temperature switch?? Is there some web site I can get a wiring diagram to trace this problem??
    Yes, it works off a temperature sensor located in the thermostat cover. Could be a be a shorted out sensor. Your local library might carry repair manuals. I know mine does.
    I'm not familiar with that one, but you should be able to disconnect the wires to the sensor and touch them together to see if the fan is working. If so, the sensor may be bad.
    Here's the part:
    Honda Parts 1993 Accord 2.2 EX 5dr Honda Auxiliary Fan Switch
    jimpoleshuk Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dkelso43
    I have a 93 Honda Accord Wagon EX. The upper radiator hose busted this weekend and I noticed that with the temp pegged the radiator fans never turned on. Not sure if the lack of radiator fluid would contribute to this problem or not. How would I test if the fans are okay? Do they work off of a temperature switch?? Is there some web site I can get a wiring diagram to trace this problem??
    Find the tempeature sensor (repair manual is helpful) and touch wires that go to sensor together, wacth your fingers in the fan. You may need power on. If fan does not run still. Find the wires that power the fan and check of continuity in the wires using a ohm meter or some kind of continuity tester.

Get a manual if you plan on doing your own repairs, $25 well spent.
    chentu84 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2010, 09:54 PM

Un plug the clip to the fan itself and dissconnect negative side on battery. Get some regular speaker wires or any kind of wire and test it out by putting one wire to negative on battery and the other on pos of battery. On the fan once it is unplugged there should be two pins pointing up that connects to the clip just put pos wire on colored side either (red or blue) usually red and negative wire on black side of pin which is ground. Fan should turn on and spin, if not check relays and maybe fan motor is bad
    XterraRacer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2011, 05:19 PM
    If you power directly to the fan, you've already by-passed the relays. If you put power to the fan and it does not work replace the fan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan light fixture stopped working but fan still works why? [ 14 Answers ]

New light put in my Hampton Bay ceiling fan, but then after a few days, no light bulbs work but fan runs fine, why is this happening?:confused:

Ceiling Fan working, Fan light not, Harbor Breeze [ 7 Answers ]

I recently tried to help a friend install a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan w/ a light kit (this model 52" White Ceiling Fan ENERGY STARŪ) The fan has 4 wires: green, white, black, and blue. The house has 3 wires: green, white, and black. Per the instructions we hooked up the green to green,...

95 Civic Radiator Fan won't Spin [ 2 Answers ]

Okay so here's the deal, I noticed about a week ago that while idleing the temperature gauge would start to sky rocket, but quickly cool down once I got going again. After adding some water to the radiator, I noticed that my radiator fan was not blowing while my car was idleing. I checked out...

Honda/94/civic Radiator/cooling fan no work.ideas? [ 1 Answers ]

Fan itself does work when wired directly to battery... fuses OK... relay OK... BTW is there more than 1 relay that's involved here?

Installed Ceiling Fan: Fan Works/Lights Quit Working [ 3 Answers ]

I successfully installed a Hampton ceiling fan about three maybe four years ago and it has worked just fine up until about 4 months ago when the lights would start going off and then sometimes come back on intermittently. Suspecting a loose connection, I removed the light housing and found that...

View more questions Search