Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caremal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 09:38 PM
    Is my car battery dead
    My battery light has been on for a day now . Well my car just stopped in the middle of the road now I know the obvious answer would be the battery went dead, but I thought if your car was started already then your car wouldn't cut off do anyone know if this could be the battery or maybe my altinater hellllllllp.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2007, 09:46 PM
    You are below 11.2 volts. What your EFI needs to run. Your Alt output is below charging specs and most likely needs replace.
    On a properly running charging system, with a healthy battery, you should be looking at 14.5 volts.
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 10, 2007, 09:58 PM
    It has to be a charging problem and I have had this problem a lot. Yes your car can just stop in the middle of the road. It had to be your battery, alternator or rotor switch although most likely it is the alternator because this makes the battery drain or the alternator. You can get someone to take the battery out of your car, its simple and take it to Auto Zone for a free check. They will tell you if you need a new battery or if you just need a charge. Note: If you just need a battery charge, your battery will go dead again if you have a bad alternator because your alternator will drain your battery again. Find someone to jump start your car and if your car runs (drive it for at least 10-15 minutes to charge the battery) and then it happens again it is definitely your alternator but if it doesn't happen again you should be fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawnmower battery dead [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Murray 12 HP riding lawnmower. I put a new battery on it last summer, but have let it go dead over the winter. Can I jump start it from the car?

My civic 95 manual has dead battery? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My car won't start starter doesn't run (dosent emit sound) but no batt light & how do I wire my other batt (an new one from a previous car) to boost it ? If that is the prob all lights are normal every thing is fine except that when I drive it (push started) some gauges freak out a litle &...

Help Please. Need Advice. Battery Dead Again... why? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Eagle Summit Wagon (van) only 55,000 km. (I basically drive it to the store and back! In the past, over the years, there have been some occasions when I left my lights on (by mistake) and the next day when I would go to start the car and would turn the key there would be absolutely...

Instructions Needed On How To Properly Use Booster Cables For Dead Car Battery [ 3 Answers ]

HELP! I am embarressed to say, that I DO NOT know how to use my Booster Cables to boost a dead battery in my car. :( I have in the past been nervous of getting an electric shock! That was then, and now I no longer want to be IGNORANT! :D Can someone please tell me, with very EASY SIMPLE...

Battery goes dead [ 1 Answers ]

My battery goes dead over night when I leave the + wire on checked over all wires can't find anything the battery works fine in my other truck can leave it for a week no problems can't figure this one out

View more questions Search