Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clt2cxh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Autolite Spark Plug destroys Honda V6 3.0
    I recently installed Autolite spark plugs into a 2003 Honda accord. After installing, car began to randomly misfire. After driving car 35 miles, car blew 3 back side piston rings and catalyst converters. My $10 plugs are costing me $8700. Would the Autolite plugs be too hot or simply a mis-firing plug? Any suggestions on testing the spark plugs, etc?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 7, 2007, 02:44 PM
    My advice to Honda owners is only use the exact NGK spark plugs that came in the car or the next colder NGK plug recommended by Honda. I am not a fan of cross-referenced plugs. Similarly, GM vehicles should stick with the specified ACDelco plugs and Fords should stay with the specified Motorcraft plugs. I've heard of lots of problems from people who have tried Bosch plugs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawnmower - Briggs 7 HP - no spark to plug [ 1 Answers ]

The plug is not sparking on my Briggs 7 HP lawnmower, what is wrong, what should I check?

2001 grand am spark plug gap [ 1 Answers ]

What is the correct spark plug gap for a 2001 grand am with a 2.5ltr. 4 cyl.

Lawnmower won't turn over with spark plug in take it out it turns over [ 1 Answers ]

I have a sears craftsman 16 hp briggs and stratton it won't turn over with spark plug in it will with the spark plug out. What is wrong with it .

Spark plug won't screw in or stay screwed in [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All! I am a lawn mower newbie. I have MTD Yardmachine riding mower that I have been trying to change the spark plug on. I checked the manual to see what type of plug I needed. Bought the plug but couldn't get the plug to thread. Bought two new other plugs different...

Don't get spark from my spark plug wire [ 1 Answers ]

I get spark from my spark plug wire sometimes when I don't the jeep don't start Why I don't get spark sometimes?

View more questions Search