Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WPaulW Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Automatic Transmission has had 10-30 motor oil added
    Hello, A 1998 Toyota Camera Trans was topped of with motor oil instead of Dexron. It has been driven some 2000 miles. Dip stick shows NO red color. Car has 160,000 miles. Trans has never been serviced. Should I drain, pump down several times and change filter or just leave it alone. One shop said to do nothing, it's to late. Just drive it until it quits and buy another car.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 06:57 PM
    Well, too late to flush it since you've never serviced it. That may spell disaster. What I would do is drain and fill every 500 miles. It only takes 2.5 quarts when you do this, so this way you can do a little at a time.
    There is a 10mm hex drain plug on the trans pan. You need a allen socket, not an allen wrench, and a long handle ratchet for leverage.
    You can strip these drain plugs if your not carful. Never mind the filter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2004 Honda Civic LX Automatic transmission problems [ 6 Answers ]

MY 04 Honda civic has been making ticking/clicking sound. It doesn't make the sound when the car is idle. Or when the clutch is pressed on. Only when the clutch is released. As the car goes faster the sound gets faster. People are telling me it may be the throw out bearing but wouldn't it be...

91 Honda Accord automatic transmission Shifting [ 1 Answers ]

When I drive my honda it does not down shift to a low gear, it stays in second gear, but some times it will shift into first and shift fine. The fluid level it good. What type of shifting module does this car have?

Automatic Transmission Doesn't Lock Into Place On 1999 Toyota Corolla [ 1 Answers ]

When I pull back the automatic transmission lever from park to reverse or drive, for example, it doesn't lock into place, so there's sometimes some confusion whether the car is in reverse or in drive. Sometimes it's in between. Is this a symptom of transmission problems? Should I be concerned? Any...

Give added oil, some salt and sugar be dogs? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi < I am new on this site. I have a 3 months old cross breed between pug and french bull dog, a frenchie pug that is. I have some queries, that is should I give added oil to my dog, that is maybe cook an egg in oit to give to the dog. Also is some amount of salt and sugar in moderation safe for...

View more questions Search