Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    livewire Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2005, 04:05 PM
    90 honda civic no spark
    My 90 civic has no spark believe it is the ignition ignitor but my ECU tells me it is the fuel injection system(code 16). I tested the main relay, ignition coil(both good), and replaced the rotor and cap. Still no spark, so reading other posts I believe it to be the ignitor. But the ECU thing is throwing me off. Also tested the wires to the ignitor two had continuity to ground and two had battery power. Before the car died it hesitated when accelerating after shifting gears. Then it just died trying to accelerate out of first.
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Mar 19, 2005, 06:41 PM
    Try resetting the ECU by disconnecting the negative cable from the battery for 10-20 seconds. Then try to start it and see if it throws the same code. Main relay is a part of Fuel Injection System, so make sure the relay is good. The best thing to do would be to take the relay out and resolder the joints. I know this because I did it too, and I had the same error code and it works fine for me for a few months now.

Follow the procedure for testing the ignitor unit given in the "Sparkless & In The Snow" thread in this forum. Also, are your spark plug wires and spark plugs good?

Mar 21, 2005, 08:37 AM
    No spark
    I reset the ECU and now it shows nothing wrong. Anyway ran out of time the car is at my mom's two hours away. So I will let you know what I find next weekend. Thanks

Mar 26, 2005, 02:18 PM
    On The Road Again
    Replaced The Ignition Module And All Is Well. Saved $70 By Getting The Module From Rockauto.com. Thanks For The Suggestions.
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Mar 26, 2005, 02:29 PM
    Nice! Glad you managed to fix it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 Honda Civic No Spark [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible someone tried to short out my alarm system by grounding out my car, then tapping with hot cable from another battery? My car was fine when parked night before. In the morning, it wouldn't start. I found a blown 50 amp IG fuse in engine compartment, replaced it, charged my battery;...

1989 Honda civic won't start! ( No SPark) [ 13 Answers ]

Hi everybody, My name is Leeboy! I am building or finished building a 1989 Honda civic entry level stock car for my girlfriend. I took all interior parts out( I left all the original wiring and harness for at this level we have to have lights and keep everything in original order) and installed a...

Honda civic - no spark [ 1 Answers ]

My 1992 civic is cranking but not starting, and upon inspection it isn't getting any spark. Any ideas where to look?

No spark on Honda [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 93 Honda Civic I have power going into the distrubitor and none coming out. Please help me figure out what I need to do Thanks

View more questions Search