Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mic1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 02:29 PM
    1995 GMC Jimmy will not idle properly
    My 1995 Jimmy has 211,000 miles on it. Although the dealership put in a new engine at 105,000 miles. The problem I'm having is when I take my foot off the gas and the RPM's drop the engine turns off. So when I'm not accelerating and the RPM's aren’t high I have to put it in neutral and rev the engine so it doesn’t die. Anyone have an idea about how I might fix this problem? I've done a bit of work under the hood of this car so I'm kind of familiar with where things are. I'd just like to try a few things myself before I have to pay a mechanic. Any suggestions?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2007, 02:36 PM
    . New ACDelco plugs--the exact ones that came in the vehicle.
    . New fuel filter.
    . New igniter:

Zip Code Entry at PartsAmerica.com

. New coil:

Zip Code Entry at PartsAmerica.com
    philsan Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 07:00 AM
    Sounds like your egr valve is stuck partially open. Remove it and check for a small piece of carbon holding the valve open.I had the same problem on my 94 sonoma.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overheating jimmy... [ 1 Answers ]

I own a '87 GMC Jimmy S15 and for the last few days it has been overheating and when I hit 35-40 mph it feels like it loses power and I can't accelerate past 45 mph. Someone told me it could be the water pump going out but then someone told me that water pumps don't just start to go out, they...

Jimmy [ 1 Answers ]

Can't use address bar

View more questions Search