Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenmist33 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2007, 07:12 PM
    Wiring New Engine
    Hey!
    Need help wiring a new Tecumseh engine to my Murray Lawn tractor. The model number for the new engine is OV358EA-206930 and the old engine... Tecumseh OVH125-203016B.
    The new engine matches up mechanically, but the wiring doesn't seem to look similar the wiring on the tractor. New wiring has plastic connectors (female plug) whereas the old wiring is "single wiring" that attached to the old engine in certain places. I took digital photos to help with the connection, but I'm not sure that will help? My Murray mower was purchased in 1995, Model # 40614B with electric start. The new engine is also electric start. Any suggestions?
    kenmist33
    kenmist33 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 05:22 PM
    Hey!
    I solved my wiring problem by tracing the wiring on the "old" motor and then connecting them to the wiring on the new motor disregarding the wire color. I have it up and running now and it's working fine. I have a "kill" function and head lights, so I must have made the correct connections.
    I'm just sorry no one took the time to give me any tips!
    kenmist33
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Mar 25, 2007, 05:32 PM
    It is a tough question to answer based only on model#'s most of us answering have a good understanding of the system but do not have intimate knowledge of each mnfg model# and wiring colors. If the question was phrased "where does the wire from the key switch marked S go?" then we are a go.. . I am sorry no one took the time to dig a little further. Give us a try again.
    Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Better Engine [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 94 honda civic, 1.5 engine. Can anyone tell me what engine that has a little more power that I can put in my honda??

Need engine [ 1 Answers ]

OK, I need to put an engine in my 93 civic lx. Right now I have a d15b7 what is the next step up from this? Is it the di16z6? And if so can it be dropped directly into the car without any modifications? I'm not looking for big hp gain, I just figured if I have to replace engine I might as well go...

Engine light help [ 3 Answers ]

2001 Ford Ranger4.0L SOHL Check engine light came on and code reads P0171 left bank lean and R0174 right bank lean. What are the possible causes of this and how can I fix this?

1994 Civic - Check Engine "Orange" lamp and Engine revs when idling [ 1 Answers ]

Two questions realting to my Honda Civic ESI - 1994 model. 1) When I turn on the ignition key there is a Check Engine lamp displayed in Orange which is remaining On for progressively longer. Car not be started until this light disappears. Eventually after 3-5 seconds light turns off and engine...

View more questions Search