Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gerra_ekgang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2012, 08:55 PM
    99 honda civic won't start changed the distibuator but still don't work what might the
    The problem started one day coming back from the store the car turned off on a red light . I turned it back on then a block away it turned off and won't turn on since . I changed the distributor but it still hasn't work
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2012, 06:46 AM
    . Check all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter.

. Check for codes.

. Check the ignition switch for wear, pitting, or melting.

. Focus again on the distributor, if the Check Engine Light comes on for 2 seconds and then goes out, when the ignition switch is turned to ON (Position II). I only recommend genuine Honda distributors. Over 50% of new aftermarket distributors for Hondas have not worked at AMHD. The remaining ones have been unreliable.

. Verify that you can hear the fuel pump run for 2 seconds, when the ignition switch is turned to Position II.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1996 honda civic won't start [ 5 Answers ]

Daughters car... says she ran out of gas, but now it won't start New plugs, cap, rotor, fuel pump & strainer... still won't start Got fuel pressure, got spark at plugs, checked injector w/ noid lights... good... Tried the starting fluid spray, nothing... Got the check engine light...

95 honda civic won't start [ 1 Answers ]

95 civic won't start.You can push start the car ,but not jump start it.

1995 honda civic won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My 1995 honda civic 1.5L sohc vtech won't start but I can push start it. I already changed my starter and the same thing happens I turn the key to on position and all you hear is a click sound, what should I do?

Will a 95 honda civic lx not start due to fuel filter not being changed [ 1 Answers ]

Will a 95 honda civic lx not start due to the fuel filter not being changed in years?

View more questions Search