Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dneal45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2012, 05:32 AM
    Ask a honda mechanic for free
    I have a one owner 1997 Honda SE with 253,347 miles. I was driving on the highway the other day traveling about 68 mph. when I noticed my tach when to zero and so did my temp gauge.When I got to my destination I shut off the car and now it will not even turn over nor will my windows or my sunroof work. I've checked all fuses. Horn. Lights,radio,turn signals.door locks all work. Oh I forgot to mention that when I turn and mash on the brake I can't take the car out of gear without using the key release on the gear shift console.. I'm at a total loss, NEED HELP,David
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2012, 06:22 AM
    . Remove and fully charge/replace the battery. Clean the battery terminals and cable connections. Examine the cables for hidden corrosion and breaks.

. Test for power through all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter. Be very thorough--visual inspection is not good enough. This may lead you to suspect the ignition switch is bad, which you can check for wear, pitting, or melting.

. Check for codes.

. Test the alternator.

I suspect the battery is bad, at this point. If it is really a crank but won't start situation, replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil. Apply silicone heat transfer compound to the back of the new ICM. You should have the car running again this afternoon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a honda mechanic free [ 18 Answers ]

I have a 94 civic with projector head lights and when I turn the head lights on the passenger blinker stays lit. but when the headlights are not on than everything works fine. What do you think could be causing this?

Ask a honda mechanic for free? [ 2 Answers ]

I have broken lugnuts on a single tire a total of three times them last time they checked the suspension and stated everything looked OK. Even though they changed the lugnuts every time I break my tire makes a grinding clicking noise and no one can figure out what's wrong! Have spent over 200...

Ask a honda mechanic for free [ 2 Answers ]

So I hit a pot hole and my front passenger tire started wabbeling. I can't go over thirty or it is real bad. I replaced the tire and noticed the cv boot is now ripped. The new tired didn't help what can it be? It is a 99 acura tl

Ask a honda mechanic for free [ 1 Answers ]

I have Problems starting my 2002 honda accord EXV6. I have a 2002 honda accord EXV6. Recently when I turn the key to start the car nothing happens, no clicking from the battery or wine from the engine total silence. However, all of the lights in the dash come on, but when I toggle the door...

Ask a Honda mechanic for free? [ 0 Answers ]

How to install sirius radio into 2008 honda ridgeline

View more questions Search