Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    button7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2012, 12:21 PM
    Jetta won't start
    I have a 98 jetta replaced plus wires cap and rotor and it won't start. It has good fuel pressure to the fuel rail and good spark, it backfires when trying to roll it over all the wires are in the correct place and it rolls over good just not sure why it won't start. This all started after a big storm and I check the coil for cracks but didn't see any
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2012, 01:31 PM
    Replace the Ignition Control Module/Coil assembly.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2012, 01:46 PM
    Make sure the spark wires are correct and separated. In a 4 Cyl, this is 1/2 the plugs. Backfiring is a common symptom of crossed wires.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Won't start-deck engage switch is causing it to start or not start [ 0 Answers ]

I must engage deck plunger several times to get the tractor to start sometimes it never starts 1 year old-aprill 2011

74 chevy truck will turn over but won't start. Will start with starter fluid but won't [ 1 Answers ]

My 74 chevy pickup sat over the winter and now it won't start. I was running just fine before I let it sit. It turns over but won't start. If I use starter fluid, it will start but won't stay running. I don't smell gas in the carb either. I'm thinking it's the fuel pump or the filter. Problem...

my john deere z 425 won't start, it turns over but won't start [ 0 Answers ]

my john deere z 425 won't start, it turns over but won't start. I keep turning it over but it never cranks. It only has 150 hours on it

My vw jetta doesn't like to start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 89 vw jetta 1.6L turbo diesel. This car has started fine everyday until today. I had to crank it over for around 20 seconds for it to finally sputter and then start. The car ran perfectly fine after that and would start up normally after that as long as it doesn't sit for over 4 hours.

98 jetta cranks but won't start [ 8 Answers ]

Hey all, Having a bit of trouble with my jetta (2.0L gasoline - 5spd). Great car, but yesterday, I was coming home from work and it quit as I pulled off from a signal light. It will crank, but doesn't start. (bad enough I had to push it out of the #1 lane off to the side of the street in DRESSY...

View more questions Search