Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    truegame20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2012, 10:11 AM
    2003 expodition won't start in morning
    My expo starts perfect all day long except when I start it first thing in morning. I have to have it jumped. Battery is good. No warning lights are on. What could be wrong? Spark plugs?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2012, 10:17 AM
    . Remove and fully charge the battery. Most auto parts stores will do this for free. Make sure they test each cell, too. The battery can't be good, if you have to have it jumped. It's likely breaking down under load, when it's cold outside. CCA are what's important, here.

. Clean the battery terminals and cable connections. Ensure connections are tight.

. Replace the spark plugs with the same Motorcraft plugs that came in the truck, if they have been in for more than 50,000 miles or 3 years.

. Test/replace the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor, if the problem persists.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This morning I went to start my car and it would not start. I checked my battery... [ 4 Answers ]

This morning I went to start my car and it would not start. I checked my battery connection as I didn't hear it even try to turn over. There was powder all around the terminals. I cleaned the terminals off and jumped my car. It started and I drove to work roughly 30 minutes/miles away. I was hoping...

How soon does morning sickness start? [ 7 Answers ]

My hubby and I have been trying for a baby and had sex on my ovulation day (12 april) how soon does morning sickness start, is it to soon (2 weeks) or did I eat something funny??

1996 honda accord does not start in the morning [ 1 Answers ]

Car will not start in the morning. Afternoon starts OK.Took car to local repair shop started OK. Brought it home next morning same problem. Nogo. Any ideas. Thanks, ...

View more questions Search