Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zeustogo Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2012, 04:11 PM
    Car air conditioning compressor running in heating mode
    My 1999 Mercury Villager has the air conditioning compressor cycling on and off in heat mode with the temperature selector all the way up. The tubing from the compressor is sweating. The engine is over heating in the meantime. The radiator fan is cycling on and off but on only for seconds at a time. The top radiator hose is hot but so is the bottom radiator hose. When I sit with the car idleing it watching it to see what is happening it doesn't overheat, but if I am driving it does overheat. Anybody have any suggestions?

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant gas pack works in cooling mode but doesn't work in heating mode? [ 2 Answers ]

Pretty much what the title states, I have a Bryant gas pack that operates like normal when it is in cooling mode, but once the thermostat calls for heat, the system shuts down completely. Even the fan doesn't work. Can anyone list the possible reasons this would happen?

Air conditioning compressor fan won't turn on. Compressor hums [ 3 Answers ]

Fan is now turning after I nudged it with a screwdriver. However, air is not cooling.

Amana air conditioning compressor fan runs but compressor does not [ 9 Answers ]

I have an Amana Model RCE30A2B Compressor unit installed it is about 6 years old, the compressor will not cut in when demanded yet the cooling fan for the unit does

Blower in furnace works in heating mode, not in cooling mode [ 5 Answers ]

The furnace is an older model Carrier. I do not know at this time the exact model. It is at this time about 20 years old. The central air is a newer Carrier Performance series model. It is two years old. I have checked to make certain the blower moves freely; it does. The blower in the...

Air conditioning compressor [ 3 Answers ]

HELLO, Last night my air conditioning compressor stopped working. It will engage, it wants to work but the fan just will not go. It is Sunday 99 degrees and was wondering if there mioght be something I can do to fix this problem? Thank you so much!!

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.