Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharonkimmel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2012, 09:08 AM
    What may cause a 2004 f250 turn over but not crank
    I put the key in wait for a mintute and then try to crank it and it sounds like it wants to crank but won't crank completely. It sounds like something is missing that won't make it crank
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2012, 10:02 AM
    Test the glow plugs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2004 Honda Civic won't crank [ 2 Answers ]

When you turn the key you hear a click under the hood, but the engine doesn't turn over. The battery is brand new.

2004 ford f250 6.0 runs till you cut off will not crank back [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2004 ford f250 runs until you cut it off then it will not crank back until you let it set for a long time

2004 f250 diesel [ 1 Answers ]

I have f 250 diesle and it does not want to start when the engine is cold. It will finally start after you spray either in the air system but it seems to be starving for fuel or air. After it starts and gets warmed up it runs good. I think that it might be the turbo. What do you think?

Help with 2004 deisel f250 [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 04 powerstroke 6.0 that I absolutely love. I have added the edge box, methanol posi rear. I bought this truck used from a dealership with less than 30.000 miles. I plow commercially in the winter and truck pull in the summer. It just blew up, thougt it was the head gasket, was using...

2004 F250 diesel won't start [ 8 Answers ]

Problem started yesterday, kept trying and it eventually started, ran very rough for 30 sec with lots of black smoke and then started / ran OK for the rest of the day. Today it is worse and will not run for more than 1 sec. Replaced both fuel filters, plenty of fuel in the filter canisters. I am...

View more questions Search