Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimmurray47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2012, 07:18 PM
    My 1978 honda accord "dies" while driving can you help
    My 19 the engine shuts off.78 honda accord quits running after starting. Carb has been rebuilt but problem continues.When you restart it it will stop when you come to idle.By stop I mean the motor quits running.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2012, 05:33 AM
    . Remove all of the spark plugs and check each cylinder's compression.

. Replace points and condenser, lubricate cam lobe, and set gap (dwell angle). Adjust idle rpm and set timing with a timing light.

. Replace spark plugs (NGK only), if they have not been changed in 3 years

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1992 Honda Accord dies while driving [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1992 Honda Accord LX 2.2L it recently keeps. Dying on me while driving first when I got off the highway was letting off the gas and when I acclerated the rpm's would go down in stead of up and the car waould start to stall.. I pulled over put the car in park and reved the engine a few...

1997 Honda Accord LX Dies Unexpectantly While Driving [ 10 Answers ]

Problem Summary: The car unexpectantly dies within ½ - 1 mile from my house after I start it up and start driving down the road. The problem is random. It hasn’t done this since I replaced the ignition control module (ICM) on February 8th, but died twice today (February 21th). I have taken about...

1990 cruise control doesn't work "Honda Accord LX" [ 2 Answers ]

Like title says.. I have checked the fuses.. But that is not the issue ? Any suggections ?

95 Honda Accord dies whill driving at various speeds [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 95 Honda Accord that is stalling at various speeds and suggestions

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

View more questions Search