Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheng26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2012, 05:00 PM
    1990 honda civic starting problem
    Started couple years ago, now almost constant. If it is hot outside, car won't start, as is not getting fuel. If I ven gas tank and wait few minutes, it will start. If cold outside (below 70 deg f) starts right away. What is most likely problem: 2 what valve gas tank, charcoal canister (trying to find it) purge? Control valve of emissions system?
    Replaced fuel pump, distributor igniter because it wouldn't start at all a few weeks ago, but this gas tank vent problem has come back.
    231500 miles and runs great, when it runs.

Check out some similar questions!

1990 honda civic 1.5 problem [ 1 Answers ]

When I start my car it runs good but when I drive it starts to pull back and shaks and wants to turn off. Also when I'm on the freeway it started doing the same. Also the gas meter when it get between half a tank and empty it wants to turn off as if it was on empty.. can you help?

1990 Honda Civic Not Starting [ 4 Answers ]

After driving a few days ago, I returned to the car only to have it not start (seems rather familiar, looking over some of the threads here). The dash lights/radio/dome light all come on, & I can hear a single click (the main relay?) when the key turns to the start position, but the engine doesn't...

1990 honda civic start up problem.. please help [ 2 Answers ]

So here's the weird problem. My girlfriend and I recently changed our thermostat and the lower radiator hose (they work fine now). As we were putting the hose back in the amp wire connected to the battery cable sparked and I think we blew a fuse. The car started before the spark occurred....

1990 Honda Civic not starting [ 2 Answers ]

My 1990 Honda Civic will turn over but not start. I do not have any spark to the plugs. The rotor and distributer cap have been replaced and still no spark.How can I test the ICM and coil for proper operation.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.