Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Saritajane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2012, 08:48 AM
    2000 honda crv keeps stalling-is it the fuel filter? Fuel pump?
    My 2000 Honda CRV keeps stalling when the gas gets low and even after filling it and putting in dry gas it still just stalls out in the middle of the road. I would like to know if it's the fuel filter-which is cheaper to replace or the fuel pump which my mechanic says will run me $500
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2012, 09:23 AM
    It's always a good idea to replace the fuel filter every 48 months or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. I'm skeptical your problem, however, has anything to do with the level of gas in the tank. I would replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil inside the distributor. They are likely breaking down under load. Be sure to apply silicone heat transfer grease to the back of the new ICM. This is the perfect time to also replace the distributor cap and rotor, if they have not been changed in 60,000 miles. This should solve your problem.

If you can hear your fuel pump run, it is likely fine. I have never seen a bad Honda fuel pump, despite the fact that many mechanics erroneously get customers to replace them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1997 Dodge Intrepid fuel pump & fuel filter [ 5 Answers ]

Where is the in line fuel filter located and can the fuel pump be replaced by removing the rear seat?

What are some symptoms of a contaminated fuel filter or fuel pump on the [ 1 Answers ]

1998 Honda Accord EX 4 cylinder V-tec engine?

Where is fuel filter on a 2006 kia rio not the fuel pump that is in gas tank [ 3 Answers ]

where is fuel filter located on a 2006 kia rio

2000 Honda Civic SIR Fuel Filter [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove the fuel filter and put a new one in exactly?

View more questions Search