Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esnow2005 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Oct 1, 2012, 01:20 PM
    Tire balance
    I had a spare on and just got a new tire yesterday to have put on tomorrow when I get paid. Unfortunatlly I ran over some glass and popped my spare. I know that I am capable of putting the new tire on myself but was wondering if it would be okay to drive to work tomorrow before paying to get it balanced as I won't have the money till after work tomorrow
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2012, 03:11 PM
    You could, and it will be safe (assuming it doesn't end up bouncing from being unbalanced)... but it will likely take more weights to do it... Tires are generally marked with the heavy spot so they can be matched up with the light side of the rim. Tire guys know where that is... I seem to have forgotten myself. Tires have a mark on either the light or heavy end.. I forget which it is... and I think it goes opposite the valve stem Like I said.. can't remember for sure. But that way minimizes weights needed.
    esnow2005 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Oct 1, 2012, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    You could, and it will be safe (assuming it doesn't end up bouncing from being unbalanced)....but it will likely take more weights to do it....Tires are generally marked with the heavy spot so they can be matched up with the light side of the rim. Tire guys know where that is....I seem to have forgotten myself. Tires have a mark on either the light or heavy end..I forget which it is....and I think it goes opposite the valve stem Like I said..can't remember for sure. but that way minimizes weights needed.
    Thank you!
    drumgene Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2012, 07:19 AM
    You should be fine unless you live 20 miles from where you work and drive at a hign speed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A single question for journal n leger,p&l a/c,balance sheet,trial balance [ 2 Answers ]

A single question for journal n leger,p&l a/c,balance sheet,trial balance

The current asset section of the Excalibur Tire Companys balance sheet consists of c [ 2 Answers ]

The current asset section of the Excalibur Tire Company’s balance sheet consists of cash, marketable securities, accounts receivable, and inventories. The December 31, 2006, balance sheet revealed the following: Inventories $ 840,000 Total assets $ 2,800,000...

Trial Balance and Balance Sheet are out of balance... HELP [ 0 Answers ]

I have a pretty lengthy problem but I have managed to work my way through it. I think I am missing a few steps or not doing something correctly because my Trial Balance and Balance Sheet are not in balance. Please HELP. Please email me and I will email you the document, for some reason it won't...

Cannot balance the balance sheet from trial balance [ 2 Answers ]

I tried to attach the trial balance information. ASSETS Current assets Cash 197,000

View more questions Search