Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    r_bob1 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 04:30 AM
    How do I replace a needle valve seat on a BS 14?
    I have BS 14 HP with a float type carb. I know the needle is sticking and flooding the engine/ oil/ ground with gas! I have ordered the new needle valve and seat. My question is how do I get the seat out? Does anyone have any information about how to remove one? Help please... Mower parked in front of house/ Wife parked on my rear!:eek:

R_BOB
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 28, 2007, 07:44 AM
    I think you will see better when your new parts arrive. The seat has a screw driver like slot in it and it should unscrew. Replacing the seat and valve isn't difficult but it is delicate. You will need to flush the crankcase several times to insure all gas/oil mixture is gone. I've done this by using an inexpensive oil refilling the crank after draining. Not your normal draining, I tipped the engine slightly on its side to get full drainage. Remove the spark and hand pull several times, then drain. Do this twice and you should be OK. Refill the third time with your normal oil.
    r_bob1 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Thank you, that explains it!

R_BOB
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 28, 2007, 08:12 AM
    I forgot to mention that cleaning or replacing the plug would be a good idea. My BS sat all winter and so much gas drained into the crank that I could not turn over the engine. There was no air space left for movement. It was not fun.

Please rate my answer so I'll know if I helped. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace shower Plumbing Valve assembly shower head 2 knobs [ 3 Answers ]

In a fiberglass corner shower shell. What I have is an old leaking rusted Shower valve assembly. It leaks from the Shower head that is a hand sprayer with a wall mount from the sprayer. It also leaks around the both the hot and cold water wall mount knobs. The cold water knob the sleeve that...

The best needle point [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best needle point kit

B&S-13.5 HP engine - loose valve seat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Briggs & Stratton 13.5 HP L head engine that has suddenly seems to have an overheating problem. It stopped mowing one day when my wife was using it, and I found that the keeper had come off the intake valve. The intake valve stem looked a little dinged up, so I got a new valve stem and...

Fear of Needle [ 9 Answers ]

Hi! I was wondering if anyone who is a medical assistant can answer my question... I want to become a medical assistant, but I have fear of needle and blood, is it require to give injection or to draw blood?

View more questions Search