Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    supersub007 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 02:25 AM
    High Fuel consumption on EFI toyota
    Kindly help , my car a Toyota Corrolla has develped high fuel consuption. For 1 liter I could do 10 kms, but now it has gone down to 1 liter for 6 kms. Some guy around here told me its fuel injectors( Nozzels) , another one told me its something to do with the computer box what could the problem be really? The car is an automatic with electronic fuel enjection.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 20, 2007, 02:29 AM
    The simplest thing is your heavy right foot.
    Hard acceleration (and braking) WILL completely distroy your fuel economy.

Yes the engine probably could do with a service and general cleanup.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2007, 09:33 AM
    1. Replace spark plugs with the exact ones that came in the car.
    2. Replace air filter.
    3. Check tire pressure.
    4. Use synthetic engine oil and transmission fluid.
    5. Consider replacing the oxygen sensor.
    6. Add Shell Regane to the gas every 6 months to clean fuel injectors, throttle body, and valves.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2007, 04:41 PM
    Where you live? Fuel injector cleaning has never done any harm. It's a pricey service, but I'll recommend that. Fuel qualities vary and deposits form quickly on injector nozzles (pintal valves). I have seen many Toyota's perk up after this service.
    supersub007 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 11:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kitch428
    Where you live? Fuel injector cleaning has never done any harm. It's a pricey service, but I'll go ahead and recommend that. Fuel qualities vary and deposits form quickly on injector nozzles (pintal valves). I have seen many Toyota's perk up after this service.

I live in Zambia, Southern Africa. Thanks for the solution, though I doubt if many garages can offer that kind of service here , altenatively I was thinking of replacing the nozzles as my last option.
    Wossen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2011, 03:14 AM
    My car is suzuki vitara model 1991 the problem is high fuel consumption what shall I do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fuel smell, Fuel tank leak [ 7 Answers ]

We had a fuel tank leak, how do I get the smell out of our boat? What do you know about a aluminum tank leaking? We have a 1988 Bayliner 34' the tank is located under the back bed, she holds 200 gal, we don't know where the leak is on the tank. We have been told it will be costly to repair, I have...

Fuel injecter or fuel pressure regulator ? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1996 gmc sonoma (zr2 package) with a 4.3 motor (engine code W). I sometimes have problems getting it started, when the motor is warm it starts without any problem, but when it is cold I have a hard time getting it started, if I put gas or starting fluid down the throttle body it starts...

Electricity Consumption [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I was on holidays and surprised to see our electricity bill. My wife told me that mostly our bills are double to the bills of our neighbours and relatives. We are getting bills of double the amount of many of our neighbours and relatives who are using the same number of lights and...

MIP/Consumption [ 2 Answers ]

My 19-year old son has received a summons to appear in court for MIP/Consumption of Alcohol by a minor. We have never been to court for anything. I will accompany him. What should we expect? Are there questions we should ask? Will he have a "record?" I'd appreciate any help you can give us. ...

High fuel consumption [ 4 Answers ]

My Honda Civic 91 DX has bad gas mileage - about 21MPG. What could be the cause of it? I know underinflated tires can cause it, but my tires are properly inflated (as Service Manual states). I have the following items all new, so I should remove them from the list of possible causes: oxygen...

View more questions Search