Jan 16, 2012, 09:13 AM
    Timing a honda accord lx 1997 engine
    How do I time my engine
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2012, 12:30 PM
    Honda Civic Ignition Timing Adjustment

Example:

1. Start the engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.

2. Adjust “Final Idle Speed” to 700 rpm, using the idle speed adjustment procedures above.

3. Turn off engine and all electrical systems.

4. Jump the Service Check Connector (SCC) with a paper clip, if necessary.

5. Connect positive inductive timing light lead to the positive battery terminal.

6. Connect negative inductive timing light lead to engine ground.

7. Connect inductive timing light lead to the No. 1 spark plug wire.

8. Start engine.

9. Using the timing light, rotate the distributor, after loosening the three 12 mm mounting bolts, until timing is set to 16 degrees BTDC* on the crankshaft pulley. 16 degrees BTDC should be the middle of the three clustered hash marks on the pulley. Align middle hash mark on pulley with pointer above. You may want to take chalk or yellow paint and highlight the hash mark first.

10. Button everything up.

11. Remove the BACKUP fuse for 10 seconds, in order to reset the computer. Record any radio codes first.

*D15B7/D15Z1/D16Z6 engines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 1997 Honda Accord won't start. Its not the Relay or timing. [ 1 Answers ]

I hope there is someone out there that can help me figure out why I can't get my Honda Accord to start. A few days ago I changed out my timing belt and water pump. After I was finished I started my engine, It was running like a charm, no boggs or misfiring at all. I drove it down the street and...

I changed the timing belt on 92 honda accord put all timing marks where they belong [ 2 Answers ]

I changed the timing belt on my 92 honda accord, put all timing marks where they belong. But the car won't start. It sounds like it wants to start but it does not.

I have a 1992 honda accord and would like to put a 1996 honda accord engine and trans [ 2 Answers ]

I got a 1992 honda accord and would like to put a 1996 honda accord engine and trans in it. Would it be possibly.

Impossible of change v6 engine to EX engine in honda 1997 model [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to change v6 engine in honda 1997 model Ex engine (V-TEC) and what are the possible components that will change

View more questions Search