Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alien1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Ecm error light code
    I've got a 91 honda civic hatchback dx. So here is my problem... the car runs and revs up perfectly fine when it's cold but as soon as it warms up and ypu try too rev it up it bogs out as if it's getting too much air or too much fuel. The ecm light blinks 16 times constant them stops then continues to blink another 16 times and continues to do the same. I don't have a way to read the ecm code so if some one could tell me what the light code means I would apreciate it! I'm pritty sure it's the air flow sensor or what ever the hell it's called located on the intake manifold but I don't want to change out something that doesn't need to be changed! Confused:
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2007, 08:08 PM
    Code 16--A problem in the fuel injector circuit.

Most likely it's the PGM-FI Main Relay that needs replacing. They are very problematic. Zillions of them have been replaced on this site.

Just to be safe, start your car and, using a mechanic's stethoscope, listen to each fuel injector to make sure they "click." If they do, focus on replacing the main relay. If an injector doesn't click, turn the ignition switch OFF, disconnect the 2P connector from the fuel injector that does not click, and measure resistance between the 2 terminals of the fuel injector. The resistance should be 10-13 ohms; if not, replace the injector.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

94 camry ECM code no.1 crank no start [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Check report: According to repair manual, checked ECM code, but read diagnosis code is No.1(means normal). Condition: 1.Battery voltage is above 11v.(done, new battery) 2.The throttle is fully closed.(no done. I did not know how to close it) 3.Transaxle is in Neutral.(done) ...

Po445 error code [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to trouble shoot this code? Just had the PCM replaced and then got this error. Thanks

Error code Lu1875 with Norton [ 2 Answers ]

Hey anyone... I'm Bob, a rookie at this asking a question stuff, but I really need help with a Norton Live Update problem... recently I renewed my Norton antivirus subscription... have done the live update before and after the renewed subscription and never a problem... now when I run the live...

View more questions Search