Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EugeneWager Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 05:59 PM
    How to replace tensioner pulley on my B1500 Ram van
    I don't usually work on this engine in my 2000 Ram van (conversion) with 3.9L V6. But I should be able to handle changing the tensioner pulley, which is starting to whine. The engine compartment is cramped. Can I do this by just slipping off the serpentine belt? Or do I have to remove other parts, i.e. hoses, fan covering, radiator or more? Are there any "gotchas" i.e. left-hand thread on any bolts to trip up the adventurous beginner? Or is it straight forward and simple?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2011, 06:10 PM
    It should be very straight-forward, where you start by removing the serpentine belt. With the right breaker bar, you should not have to remove any of those other items. There are no left-handed bolts. Afterwards, tighten the tensioner pulley bolt 20 lb.-ft.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 Dodge Ram Van Overheating [ 4 Answers ]

My 2003 Dodge Ram Van is over heating within the span of 15 to 20 minutes. I can put the van in neutral and rev the engine and that draws the heat in the van and seems to cool the engine. I does not work all the time. I checed the coolant tank and it was completely empty but show no signs of...

Belt tensioner in Dodge Ram froze [ 4 Answers ]

Hi,I have a 1999 dodge ram and the belt tensioner froze up on it.Has anybody ever been successful in taking it off and soaking it in something to get it working again?If so what did you use?It's over a 60.00 part.

How do you replace belt tensioner on a 2003 ford ranger 3.0 liter engine [ 1 Answers ]

How do you replace belt tensioner on a 200 ford ranger 3.0 liter engine looks like a very tight fit.

View more questions Search