Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buggs0471 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2011, 08:48 AM
    Turning off service engine soon light on a99 Chevy 5.7?
    I need to turn out the service engine soon light out not the check engine light.I know there is a procedure but I have misplaced my manual and the owners manual.can some one help.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2011, 08:50 AM
    Try turning the ignition switch to ON , depressing the gas pedal slowly 3 times in 5 seconds, and then turning the ignition switch OFF.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Turning off the "service engine soon" light on Chevy [ 11 Answers ]

We just got a 1998 Chevy Suburban with a 350 in it. It needed a little tweaking so we did it ourselves including changing the oil. I know when a Lube Place does that, they are able to hit the switch. Isn't there a trick to getting it to go off? All systems are sound, everything else is great. I...

Check engine light in a 1999 chevy cavalier? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 99 cav and the check engine and ets off light went on this morning. What does this mean and what do I need to do to fix it?

97 Chevy Cavalier Engine light won't go off. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. Everyone I have a 97 Chevy Cavalier with a engine light on that won't go off, I recently got an oil change but I did not change out the oil filter the coolant is fine and the car is not over heating. I checked to see if the car needed more oil but that is also fine. What else should I do or...

How to reset Airbag light flashes and Service Engine Soon light of 2001 Nisan Altima [ 0 Answers ]

After the engines has been serviced, how do you reset (turn off) the 'Service Engine Soon' Light and 'Airbag light' flashes on a 2001 Nissan Altima?

View more questions Search