Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrockhi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2011, 05:41 PM
    1995 Honda will not turn over, but lights and radio work...
    Starter checked out fine. Any ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 11, 2011, 06:21 PM
    Remove and fully charge, or replace, the battery. Starter motors require much more amperage to start than lights and a radio. Most auto parts stores will charge batteries for free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lights/Radio work but engine won't turn over [ 6 Answers ]

I own a 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with 68,000 original miles. I've owned it for 4 years and the only problem I've had was when the battery ran down when I first got it. This morning, I try to start the engine but it won't turn over. It didn't make any noise, or any attempt to turn over. ...

Kenmore dishwasher won't turn on-cycle lights work, option lights don't [ 0 Answers ]

My Kenmore dishwasher (just under 4 years old) stopped working today... the "cycles" lights on the left all turn on still, but the "options" lights on the right (which includes the start button) won't turn on, which means I cannot start the dishwasher. I made sure the child lock was off, and reset...

1993 honda accord ex no tail lights, no cluster lights, no radio lights [ 1 Answers ]

Yet radio works. I have checked all the fuses with voltmeter all good. Is this a dimmer relay issue and if not what could it be. Need answer immediately please. I transport my small daughter and am unemplyed at this time. I appreciate all the help. Thank you.

99 chev 1500, you turn the key , and nothing happens.. Radio lights everything comes on. [ 1 Answers ]

99 chev 1500, u turn the key , and nothing happens.. radio lights everything comes on. So I get down and cross the 2 wires on starter, and it fires but don't crank. I get back up check fuses with light tester everything looks good. I try one more time turning over and it tries to start but nothing...

1995 Honda Civic, brake pedal makes radio go off. [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter's 95 Civic, 225,000 miles, has pretty significant oil leak but runs great. Today she came home and said that each time she steps on the brake the radio goes off and the speedometer goes nuts, indicator swinging wildly on it. What on earth? :eek: I haven't checked fuses yet but would...

View more questions Search