Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BryansCars Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 06:56 PM
    Transmission Fluid check for 94 Honda Civic
    Is it possible that the transmission fluid level needs to be checked when the vehicle is shut off? I have check while running ion park and the entiore dipstick is covered, up to the rubber plug. However, when the engine is off (engine hot) there is no fluid on the dip stick. The Haynes manual does not show the vehicle having a dipstick, but a plug to remove and fill. Thanks for any feedback.
    ter79ry Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2007, 09:01 AM
    The automatics have a dipstick and the manuals don't
    You are supposed to check the tranny fluid with the engine shut off and warn if it is not showing on the dipstick you should add fluid, there may possibly be a leak if there is no fluid showing on the stick you should get that checked.
    Manual trannys have a plug in the side just beside the axle that you remove, if the fluid is at the hole and a little runs out it is full, if none comes out, put your finger in the hole and try to feel for tranny fluid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2004 Honda Civic LX Automatic transmission problems [ 6 Answers ]

MY 04 Honda civic has been making ticking/clicking sound. It doesn't make the sound when the car is idle. Or when the clutch is pressed on. Only when the clutch is released. As the car goes faster the sound gets faster. People are telling me it may be the throw out bearing but wouldn't it be...

2000 Honda Civic passed emissions test but failed MIL/Check Engine light [ 2 Answers ]

My 2000 Honda Civic EX had a smog test and it passed the emissions but failed the engine computer test, so they say. They told me to drive the car 30 to 40 miles so that the computer would reset. Sounds a bit strange to me to have to drive that many miles to reset the car computer after the...

1990 honda civic - my fan and wiper fluid pump doesn't work, no fuses blown? [ 1 Answers ]

1990 honda civic - no fuses blown, I smelled something burning (which eventually stopped), and now my fan for my heater and my pump for my windshield wiper fluid doesn't work?

What are the possible reasons for my Check Engine Light Came on in my 96 honda civic [ 4 Answers ]

My check engine light came on in my 96 honda civic dx coupe Friday morning on my way to school. It was cold and I didn't give it time to warm up because I was running late. It was a very bumpy ride to school but drove home fine. The light came on as soon as I started it. It has only traveled...

View more questions Search