Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mayyah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 12:07 PM
    Car smoking white smoke from the hood?
    Also the smoke is coming from behind the engine it self and my car is not running hot its just smoking it's a 99 alero oldsmobile
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Oct 22, 2011, 07:50 PM
    Is it steam?? Usually a white "smoke" is steam which points to some kind of water leak somewhere.
    Imacrown Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2011, 03:42 AM
    I agree with above take it to a shop and have them look at it because you need the radiator pressure test in order to find a leak.
    Foxfyr31 Posts: 42, Reputation: 3

Nov 11, 2011, 03:18 PM
    Sounds by description like a leaking intake manifold gasket. GM was notorious by using plastic gaskets which in a few years become brittle and fail. Check the antifreeze regularly if driving. But if the problem goes unfixed the leak will no doubt get worse and start getting into your cylinders, fouling out spark plugs, rusting cylinder walls etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My car smoking under the hood and its smoke so bad ! HELP [ 9 Answers ]

I just bought a 2000 cadillac DTS and when I turn it on the engine start smoking under the hood it is came close to the exhaust area and when I keep it turned on it look like the car want to get a fire I donuu whatts going on any ideas? Please help mee guys

White smoke under hood - not a coolent issue - [ 1 Answers ]

Possibly oil or trans fluid spilling out on a hot surface maybe, I see it coming from beneth the distributer in the middle - back of hood - what can I do - 97 plymouth breeze 2.4 dohc

My car is smoking under the hood and is leaking water underneth the car [ 1 Answers ]

My car was low on oil so I put some in and now its low on water I put some water in now its smokin out from the hood and the tail pipe and running really hard and sputtering any ideas on what's wrong with my crapy car?

Car smoking under hood [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to know why my car is smoking, it is a 2000 Dodge Neon. I have done the head gasket, put a new timing belt on. Flushed the engine, and changed the oil twice within a 2 week period. I have also done the exhaust manifold gasket. The car is still smoking. Does any mechanics have any...

White smoke under the hood of my car [ 6 Answers ]

I was driving to work today and when I arrived, and put the car in park, I noticed that I had white smoke coming from underneath the hood of my car. I have a 2000 Infiniti I30. Can anyone tell me what this might be and how much I may end up paying to fix it? I just purchased the car used. Also,...

View more questions Search