Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Linda Belisle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2011, 06:53 PM
    Service engine light on on Nissan Altima 2002?
    My 2002 altima service engine soon light keeps coming on and then going off. I noticed that my car is hesitating when I turn it on - like it's not getting enough fuel. This is freaking me out. Any suggestions?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2011, 07:06 PM

Check for codes.

It's common for Camshaft Position Sensors to fail on Altimas--check for codes first, however. If this is the problem, it can leave you stranded. This happened to a friend of mine several months ago and left her stranded. She has a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5S, with a 4-cylinder QR25DE engine. I replaced the sensor and the problem was solved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2002 Nissan Altima "Service Engine Soon" light [ 1 Answers ]

Good day, I am looking for some info on how to reset my service engine soon light. It came on the other day and I would like to reset it and see if it will come back on before I take it to my mechanic. If any could help me out with this I would be grateful. Thanks dutchy1974

2001 Nissan Altima Service Engine Soon Light [ 7 Answers ]

After a problem is corrected how do you reset (turn off) the Service Engine Soon Light on a 2001 Nissan Altima?

2002 altima service engine soon light [ 6 Answers ]

About a month ago the service engine light soon light came on. It stayed on for days , then went off for a few days. This has continued for 6 weeks now, I checked the gas cap and that was fine. Was at the dealer for yet another recall(#9) and they checked it. At that time the light had gone off and...

View more questions Search