Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patchdog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2011, 06:18 PM
    Dodge ram 1500 cooling system blowing water not overheating?
    I have a 2002 dodge ram 1500, 4.7. I have replaced everything on the cooling system. Radiator, water pump, heater core, thermostat, radiator cap. The engine does not over heat. It builds up too much pressure and blows out the coolant through the cap. Any suggestions?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2011, 06:31 PM

Has all air been purged from the system? OEM radiator cap? Thermostat installed correctly? Does the radiator fan work properly? This link may offer several ideas:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235973

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dodge Ram 1500 Overheating [ 0 Answers ]

2005 4.7L Dodge Ram overheating at driving speed. I have replaced upper and lower hoses, thermostat, waterpump, fan clutch and have had the radiator cored and rodded. It still overheats promptly as soon as I start driving it. The radiator is not obstructed and gets hot. There is no indication of a...

03 4.7 dodge ram 1500 overheating [ 2 Answers ]

I've read the issues with the other dodge truck owners. My issues are similar. I replaced the thermostat, water pump, flushed the system and even ran radiator cleaner for 6 driving hrs. My truck runs fine on a mild temp. Day(70's-80's) but when the weather reaches higher then that my truck temp...

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Overheating [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 V6 (3.9L). About 5 months ago I was driving my truck down the highway. I heard what sound like a pop and then a sound that sounded like some gravel hitting my undercarriage. I pulled over and checked my tires and looked all around my truck and engine and nothing...

Dodge Ram 1500 Truck overheating [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dodge Ram 1500 Truck 4x4 that is overheating. It has a small hole in the radiator that shoots water out when the gas is accelerated. When it overheats after only going a short distance it shuts off. Also had brake work done on passenger side caliper replaced and brake shoes. Trucks...

Dodge ram 1500 overheating [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 4x4 with not even 50,000 miles on it. Lately when I've been driving with my heat on, the heater will start blowing cold air then my temperature gauge says my truck is overheating. What is causing this? I haven't tried replacing anything yet. What should I start with?

View more questions Search