Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missingdrew Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2011, 08:51 AM
    Honda accord 2002-the srs light is on and the horn doesn't work. Well, the horn works
    I have a Honda Acoord year 2002. The srs light is on, and, if you blow the horn it blows the fuse out, which also has something to do with sending the signal for the car to be put into gear, because once that fuse is blown the car will start but not go into gear. If I replace the horn will this fix the problem, or is there possible a short somewhere? Is the SRS light connected somehow to the horn? Thanks.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2011, 01:10 PM

Yes, sort of. It's all wired via a spiral cable in your steeing column.
    Most likely shorted there.
    missingdrew Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2011, 07:27 PM
    Comment on kitch428's post
    Thanks, so, should I just have the mechanic check that in the steering column without having them out it on the machine to check what's wrong, that's what they want to do which of course is more money!
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2011, 07:55 PM

With SRS you always have to see what the code is first, and of course you need the 'machine' to check that.
    Most likely it will say short in drivers side squib circuit. In coincidence with the horn shorting a fuse, all the mechanic has to do is put 2 and 2 together.
    Hopefully they will apply discount towards the repair. Some do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

99 Honda accord no parking lights or dashboard background light + SRS Light on [ 3 Answers ]

Recently I believe a problematic bulb caused a short in my car's Electrical system. The reason I say this, is that the following Problems have come up since I used the trailer... 1. SRS light is now on 2. The light that illuminates the spedometer, RPM's, and gas (background light) doesn't...

2001 saturn won't start, lights work, horn works [ 1 Answers ]

I used my car at lunch time. Worked fine. Went to start it tonight, DEAD. Horn works lights work. It is not the Battery, any suggestions

Honda Accord won't start sometimes, SRS light comes on sometimes [ 2 Answers ]

This question below was posted last summer and answered by txgreasemonkey, who suggested replacing the main relay as a first try. I have the same problem as ahartend with my 1993 Accord, but my dealer tells me the SRS light cannot be related to the car not starting. Can anyone shed some light? ...

1988 Honda Accord Horn Relay [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know whether a 1988 Honda Accord DX 2dr Manual transmission has a horn relay and if so, where is it located. My horn buttons on the steering wheel are working properly and the fuse is good. Can't find the horn relay.:confused: Thanks.

View more questions Search