Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thinthin54 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2011, 08:30 PM
    Alternator meter
    I bought a volt meter that plugs into my power port,and it shows the alternator flickering between 13.6 and 13.8 volts when driving and 11.8 volts when I take the key out of the ignition.Is this normal? Should I have my battery charged? Thank you.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2011, 06:05 AM

Start by removing and fully charging the battery. Regulated battery voltage should be 14 to 15 volts. It sounds like the alternator is failing, to me.

This link should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1973613

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

60 AMP feeder line to meter and from meter is 200 AMP wire to my electrical box. [ 13 Answers ]

I have a old 60 AMP feeder line from the top of my house to the meter. From the meter is 200 AMP new wire. I was wondering if this is even safe and what would the cost be of updating the feeder line?

What size meter/tap size do I need to run public water 0.3 miles from meter to house [ 3 Answers ]

I need to connect to public water for a variety of reasons. City Engineering has told me I need to make the determination of tap size. House is ~ 0.3 miles from where meter will be installed on driveway/public street junction. City Engineering will make no recommendations on tap size but have...

Alternator maybe [ 5 Answers ]

This morning the Toyota echo barely turned over. Was running OK the day before.. put the battery charger on it. Starts OK. But had similar problem in 2005. Alternator Was bad and was replaced. Could the alternator go bad that fast? No warning lights. Had the same problem in 2005. Alternator...

What is the avg. Gas p.s.I. From gas meter on the residentcial side of meter [ 2 Answers ]

What is the avg. gas p.s.I. from gas meter on the residentcial side of meter. I think its 5 lbs. I live in Los Angeles, don't know if it changes from state to state.:eek:

View more questions Search