Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dozerdog Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 12:25 PM
    overheating Dodge Ram
    I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, I only drive this vehicle about every other weak. Last week I went out and started the truck and I let it warm up. When I got back in the truck I noticed the Temperature Gauge in the red. I opened the hood and nothing felt that hot the radiator hose was cold. I turned the truck off and let it set. Today I replaced the thermostat thinking maybe the old one was stuck shut, but when I restarted the vehicle the temp gauge immediately started to climb and went into the red. Can anybody help me with this problem thanks
    Zachsdad Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2007, 01:17 PM
    I had the same thing happen to my Dodge Dakota. It turned out to be a bad sensor which was sending the wrong information. I would have it checked out by a qualified mechanic.
    chosen1 Posts: 60, Reputation: -7

Jan 21, 2007, 10:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dozerdog
    I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4, I only drive this vehicle about every other weak. Last week I went out and started the truck and I let it warm up. When I got back in the truck I noticed the Temperature Gauge in the red. I opened the hood and nothing felt that hot the radiator hose was cold. I turned the truck off and let it set. Today I replaced the thermostat thinking maybe the old one was stuck shut, but when I restarted the vehicle the temp gauge immediately started to climb and went into the red. Can anybody help me with this problem thanks
    This is why you don't buy a dodge. Buy a CHEVY
    Zachsdad Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 08:26 AM
    That is why I now drive a blazer!! LOL!!
    momstruck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2010, 08:08 AM
    I had this problem and it turned out to be the radiator overflow tank. Kept smelling antifreeze but no apparent leaks. A new one was ordered from Dodge dealership and it was called a degasser tank? (This was after changing water pump, thermostat and radiator). Heat came on immediately and is working fine now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Dodge Ram overheating [ 11 Answers ]

?? I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 that recently needed the water pump replaced. After replacement the truck kept overheating. I then took the liberty to replace the thermostat as well. I replaced the fan & clutch assembly as well. As far as hardware is concerned, that leaves only the radiator...

Overheating 04 Dodge Ram 1500 Slt [ 9 Answers ]

My Dodge Ram Starts Getting Hot When I Drive On The Highway. The Fluid Level Is Fine But After 15 Min Of Hway Driving The Temp Gauge Starts Going Past The Mid Mark, I Was Wondering If I Could Just Remove The Thermostat Would That Cause Any Further Problems, I Live In Florida So I Don't Have To...

96 Dodge Ram Overheating [ 1 Answers ]

My brother has a 96 Dodge Ram that keeps overheating after going a few miles. He has replaced the thermastate, water pump, and clutch band. The radiator is only a year old. The water levels are fine. There is no blowed head. Why is this truck still running hot?

Dodge ram 1500 overheating [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 4x4 with not even 50,000 miles on it. Lately when I've been driving with my heat on, the heater will start blowing cold air then my temperature gauge says my truck is overheating. What is causing this? I haven't tried replacing anything yet. What should I start with?

Dodge 3500 overheating [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 98 ram 3500 4x4 v.10 and it started to overheat when my heater quit blowing hot air, it still blows cold a/c but no heat. I have flushed my radiator twice replaced all hoses twice replaced thermo's twice and fan clutch once and no luck. Could the trans be making it over heat I noticed...

View more questions Search