Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbchism2000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 09:13 AM
    Honda Accord Immobilizer Problem
    I recently had a problem starting my 2000 Honda Accord. The immobilizer light was blinking. I took it to the dealer, who charged me $330. To get fixed. Seems outrageous. Is there a simple solution to my problem??
    narendev Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2010, 03:11 PM
    I have the same problem - 2000 Honda Accord. The immobilizer light was blinking. The problem occurs intermittently a few times in the year. Initially was able to correct it by using the key to lock/unlock doors couple of times or separating the key from the key bunch. Of late, those simple workarounds are not working. The problem usually corrects itself after a few hours/days so I have never been able to take it to the dealership while it was dead. I did get the car checked at the dealership and they said "we scanned the on-board computer. We checked the immobilizer system. No malfunction found. It is operating normally. The battery and starter never failed. Recommend recheck when acting up" I am worried that some day, it will die far away from home and then I'll have a big problem on my hands...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honda Accord Headlight Problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 92 Accord EX with 221,000 miles. Recently the left low and high beam headlights went out. I replaced both bulbs but did not solve the problem. The fuses are good. Both bulbs intermittenly turn on and off and not necessarily with motion, nor consistently. Could the Lighting Relay be the...

92 accord honda problem [ 4 Answers ]

I have 92 accord honda. When I drive car, suddenly stop engine. And anothor problem is Gas finishs quickly. Please help me

Problem starting a honda 91 accord [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 91 honda accord that when you try to start it there is a tick tick tick noise. I had the starter checked and they said it was fine. I can sometimes start it in nuetral. It will also sometimes start in park. Any ideas on what it might be

Problem with Honda Accord 96 -code [ 1 Answers ]

The battery of my Honda Accord (1996) was removed while the car was being serviced. After all was done the car audio set is asking for the code to enable have access to the system. Unfortunately I don't know the code since I bought the car used. Can any body help with this and how to go about it? I...

View more questions Search