Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scarp19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2011, 06:20 PM
    Ford 6.0 powerstroke no crank issue
    Help 6.0 powerstroke no start
    I have a 2004 F350 6.0 diesel currantly experiencing a no crank no start issue. If I jump out the starter the engine cranks fine.(not a starter or battery issue) When the key is turned to the on position the glow plug indicator comes on but I can't hear the fuel pump or the glow plug timer run. If the key is turned to the start position nothing happens.(no crank). Ford changed the FICM and reflashed the PCM for hard starting prob. They said they couldn't address the no crank issue besause it didn't occur while they had the truck. I also tried moving the shift selector from Park 2 neutral with no change. Of course extended warranty expired 10/10. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2011, 06:32 PM
    . Test all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

. Replace the ignition switch, which you may want to check first for wear, pitting, or melting. Easy job--just be sure to disconnect the negative battery cables first. You may enjoy reading this link:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post235560
    kaybug3 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2012, 11:13 AM
    I have a 2005 6.0L powerstroke turbo deisel.. its stuck in a low gear an the switch will not crank it you have to jump the starter. Any suggestions?
    Candian1987 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2012, 04:37 PM
    When you jump the starter with key on does the truck start or no, does it do this when it gets hot or won't start period. Do you have battery power at starter and do you get a signal when you switch key from off to on at solenoid?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ford Powerstroke 6.0 Problems [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 2005 F250 with the 6.0 diesel engine. I just recently started having problems with the truck not starting backup on a warm start. Of all times it started after my 100,000 mile warranty was up. It's funny how that happens. I took it to Ford and they said my fuel injection control module was...

2005 ford Powerstroke 6.0 issue [ 7 Answers ]

Thank you for you time.. I have recently purchased a used 2005 Ford 6.0 diesel turbo. Was running fine then all of a sudden the truck became sluggish and registered no turbo pressure or pressure sometimes. A well respected local mechanic told me that he believed it was due to a bad sensor. I...

Ford powerstroke diesel [ 1 Answers ]

Working on 250 super duty will not start friend that is mechanic said maybe the cam sensor what do you think

2005 ford Powerstroke 6.0 issue [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help?I have a 2005 ford Powerstroke 6.0 issue I am getting fuel in my radiator and I smell lots of fuel.I took it to a dealer they said I needed new heads and sleeves and coolant system can some one shed some light on this?I cants see that I need that many parts. It runs fine but hard to...

View more questions Search