Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    micangel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2010, 06:32 AM
    State select water heater not working properly?
    I have a ES640 Series and the water is not longer hot. Could it be the thermostat? Can I replace myself?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 16, 2010, 06:58 AM

It doesn't sound like a thermostat.
    There are several things that would cause this problem,
    1) A faulty did tube **OR**
    2) A bad lower element
    This will be a job for a pro. The element will have to be checked and the tank drained to replace it and to even check the dip tube the water shut off and the cold water inlet opened up. Good luck, Tom
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 16, 2010, 08:17 AM

Well yes and yes but Tom bring forward many other possible issues. You can replace a thermostat but at this point you have not determined that is the proble, you could be throughing money and time down the drain. We can do several "tests" if you want to narrow this down, do you want to do this?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 23, 2011, 05:30 PM

Bump

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State Select water heater [ 0 Answers ]

I have a State Select Hot Water heater model PR650 NBRT (natural Gas), The pilot is very low and occasionaly goes out. Is there a way to adjust the flame?

State select water heater not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 of 3 year old Select State Water Heater that I can not get to reset. I live in a Condo so I don't see any fuse buttons. Whatelse could be the problem?

State Select Water Heater [ 3 Answers ]

We have a state select power vent water heater. Last October it stopped working and the plumber replaced the ignitor as the wires had shorted out. Then it happened again in the beginning of January 2008 and he again replaced the ignitor. Well, our water heater stopped working again today and the...

State select water heater [ 1 Answers ]

My state select electric water heater,just stop working and I don't know how to bringing back to work,any ideas.

State select water heater [ 2 Answers ]

How do I adjust the water temp?

View more questions Search