Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ankeshgulati Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 04:53 PM
    Toyota Camry 1995 Overhead Light Replacement
    I want to get the overhead light replaced for my Toyota Camry(1995).
    There are no visible screws which can be unscrewed.I tried using a screwdriver and my thumbnails to pop it out but it does not work.

Can someone please suggest a better way of getting this done?

Thanks.
    Ankesh
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 10, 2007, 09:20 AM
    Check you owners manual or call a local Toyota dealers service department. They are very helful. The frosted lense cover is a "pry out" cover but check the manual first. If you pry in the wrong place it will break.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ankeshgulati
    I want to get the overhead light replaced for my Toyota Camry(1995).
    There are no visible screws which can be unscrewed.I tried using a screwdriver and my thumbnails to pop it out but it does not work.

Can someone please suggest a better way of getting this done?

Thanks.
    Ankesh
    This what I do. I get in the drivers seat, recline it almost all the way back, have a pocket screw driver in my hand and look for the little slot just enough to fit the tip of the screwdriver into. I think it's the pass side. It will pop out with a little pry. Have the switch in off position because this is where you can pop the fuse if you use any metal objects to pry out the bulb. Just try and spresd the contacts apart a bit and the bulb will fall out. Be ready to catch it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing brake light bulbs on 96 Toyota Camry Station Wagon [ 4 Answers ]

I need to change a brake light bulb in the tailgate of my 1996 Toyota Camry Station Wagon. I have a Chilton's repair guide but it says nothing about the lights in the tail gate. How do I can access to change the bulbs? Thank you.

Toyota Camry light bulb replacement [ 3 Answers ]

The light bulb has burnt out on the gear shift assembly. I have a 1998 Totoyta Camry. How do I get in to replace it. Thanks Pam

96 toyota camry stereo amp [ 2 Answers ]

Where is the amp located and how do I get to it?

Toyota camry overhead light replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone tell me how to open the overhead light compartment in my camry in order to replace the light bulb?:)

View more questions Search