Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kyle1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2010, 07:25 AM
    Will a 1999 civic alternator fit on a 1997 honda civic
    Will an alternator from a 99 civic work for my 97?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2010, 07:42 AM

You need to check amperage requirements, connectors, etc. Get the details on each and compare. There are various alternators for different engines--go slow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1997 Honda civic:Can alternator replacement cause speedometer to quit working? [ 3 Answers ]

The battery light came on yesterday on the way home from work.I checked the voltage at the battery and it was only 11.65 volts and dropped to 11.58 slowly as it ran.Checked all battery cable connections and checked voltage at the alternator.It was less than half a volt.I removed the positive...

95 Honda Civic Won't Start; Might Be Battery or Alternator? [ 2 Answers ]

My battery died while I was at work the other day for no reason (no headlights on, no dome lights on, no door ajar, etc) and after getting a jump start, I took the car to Wal-mart to get a new battery. Here they told me my car just needed to be charged. The next day, I got in my car to go to work...

1996 honda civic alternator replacement [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove the alternator from my 1996 Honda Civic?

How to replace alternator on 91 Honda Civic HB [ 2 Answers ]

I am not a grease monkey, but can get through mechanical procedures if they're not too complicated. How hard is it to replace an alternator on a 91 Honda Civic HB? Can anyone walk me through this? Is there a site online that has illustrations on the procedure? Thanks for your help.

View more questions Search