Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rhondajune Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2006, 02:30 PM
    Nordyne heater fan not working right
    I just moved into a 1991 mobile home with a heater of the same age.
    The furnace is a Nordyne Intertherm model MGHA 056ABFC-01
    Forced air and natural gas heater.

The problem is with the fan
    I turn the thermostat up to turn the furnace on.
    Once the burner heats up the fan turns on,
    The fan only stays on for 30 seconds then the fans turns off for 20 seconds,
    Then the fan turns on for 45 seconds and then the fans turns off for 20 seconds,
    Then the fan turns on for 45 seconds and then the fans turns off for 20 seconds,
    Then the fan turns on for 50 seconds and then the fans turns off for 20 seconds,
    Then the fan turns on for 60 seconds and then the fans turns off for 30 seconds,
    Then the fan turns on for 70 seconds and then the fans turns off for 35 seconds,
    Then the fan turns on for 75 seconds and then the fans turns off for 35 seconds,

And so on until the fan will run for about 90 seconds before it turns off.

I had a technician out to look at it and all he said he could do was replace the thermostat switch in the heater. He did that and the problem still exist.

Any ideas what is wrong with it or is that how this model operates?
    It is very inefficient at heating.

Rhonda
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Dec 8, 2006, 06:13 PM
    A fan limit switch is what brings the blower on in heat. The heat exchanger(or fire box) has to be at a certain temp to bring the blower on(around 120 deg). Once the blower is running the cool air moving across the blower control can shut it down until the heat exchanger heats back up. In short you may have a weak blower control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay ceiling fan light fixture stopped working but fan still works why? [ 14 Answers ]

New light put in my Hampton Bay ceiling fan, but then after a few days, no light bulbs work but fan runs fine, why is this happening?:confused:

Heater will heat, but fan will not turn off [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have a big problem that is killing me. I have a central Heat and AC unit that works well, but the fan won't seem to turn off. The AC and Heat works well, but the fan just keeps on running. I was gone for 3 months for ARMY business and my wife did not know that this was not working right,...

1998 Ford Fiesta Heater not working. [ 1 Answers ]

Heater not working, which fuse should I check, and what power should it be? Please.

Fan on fan oven stopped working [ 1 Answers ]

The fan on my fan oven has stopped going round! The oven gets hot but doesn't cook well at all. Can this be repaired or do I need a new oven!:mad:

Bathroom fan/heater [ 1 Answers ]

I have a dedicated 20 amp circuit going to a bathroom. I want to install a bulb heater and a ventilation fan on the circuit. Can I use a decora combo 15 amp double switch to control both the light and the fan? Or do I need a 20 amp switch?

View more questions Search