Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronlowery Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2010, 07:11 AM
    Ford taurus transmission gear slipping
    Recently had 1996 taurus trans. Overhauled. Gear still slips between 2nd and 3rd when warmed up but not cold. Mechanic said he only replaced the burned up clutches but nothing else.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2010, 07:21 AM

In my 2000 Taurus, with an AX4N transmission, I only use Mobil 1 Synthetic Multi-Vehicle ATF or Amsoil Universal Synthetic ATF. They offer superb frictional characteristics, resulting in perfect upshifts and downshifts, regardless of hot or cold weather. Consider giving them a try. Afterwards, disconnect the negative battery terminal overnight, to force the PCM to relearn all shift points.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2010, 07:21 AM

I would double check your fluid level.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 ford taurus won't shift into gear [ 8 Answers ]

The car will not go into gear, the auto shift lever feels different and has no resistance. It is my nephews car and I have not seen it so I am using his info. Does the car have mechanical linkage to trany or is it electric? Is it possibly just an electrical problem or do we have a smoked...

My 98 ford taurus automatic transmission won't go into gear, what could be wrong? [ 1 Answers ]

I was driving my 98 taurus, and it just starting reving up. I coasted to the side of the road, and tried shifting the gears. But it does nothing, no reverse, 1st gear, drive or over drive. What could cause this?

2003 ford explorer transmission / slipping [ 1 Answers ]

I do not have the 2002 ford explorer op manuel . I 'm having problems with the transmission slipping . What do I do first ? ( I live in mexico but porchased the explorer in Kentucky ) Randy b

View more questions Search