Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buck49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 02:44 PM
    How to replace heater core 97 ford ranger
    I have a 97 ford ranger xl heater core bad . How do u replace it
    deepkeel65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 05:09 PM
    I suggest you Google the answer. There is at least one good set of instructions with some pics at rangerstation.com, another at explorerforum.com. I found Googling several sources and using the Haynes manual together helped. It's easier than following the rather vague and useless Chilton/Haynes manuals alone. You have to pull the entire dash out, after removing air bags, steering wheel, steering column, all electrical connectors and THEN removing the heater assy to get at the heater core. It's a major pain and a big job, not for the faint-hearted. If you attempt it yourself, be sure to remove the negative. Battery cable, then the positive, then wait at least two minutes before starting, or you may get an airbag surprise. A former Ford mechanic told me they cheat and just cut out the heater core from the plastic box to save time. I'm choosing to NOT do this, since I don't have a 16 hour time limit imposed on me, and would rather leave everything intact, not butchered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I replace a heater plenum on a 2001 ford ranger [ 1 Answers ]

Where are the bolts located to remove this? I am starting to think I will have to take out the entire dash. Will I or is there a better way?

Replace heater core [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace a heater core in 1996 Ford Ranger 3.0L Thanks

How hard and expensive is it to replace the heater core in a 1984 Ford F-150? [ 2 Answers ]

There is some type of light mist coming out of heater vents has no smell and cann't find any leaks. Just figured it must be leaking somewhere.

1996 Ford Ranger 3.0 liter V6 Heater Core [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have a 96 Ford Ranger and I'm trying to figure out how to change the heater core in it because it leaks anitfreeze. And I already know that it's behind the glove box but I just can't see how to get the core out of it. I'm getting a little stressed about it. But I won't let it get to me. And I...

View more questions Search